Dave King facing an uncertain Ibrox future

Supporting Rangers & Independence are NOT mutually exclusive.

I don't see ANY connection between RFC and the Union. Rangers play football, not politics!!!!

Sadly enough, what holds true for football and Scottish politics also holds true for religion and loyalism and republicanism. And for many "Rangers fans" football goes straight out of the window when these topics arise and the club becomes a vehicle for all sorts of opinions et al ...

And you have to ask why they closed Juninho's EBT. Did they know something we didn't ?

And I believe the timing of when HMRC chose to go after Rangers for the EBT's ( just before the 2010 General Election which Labour we're going to lose) is also very significant

Timing is everything as they say

The manks did away with Juninho's EBT but paid him from it well after he'd left their club. They didn't disclose it to the SFA until 3 years later.

I can succinctly sum that up:

What a load of pish. Why does he not mention the scenario where the HMRC lose their appeal? Are there going to be mass apologies all round? I don't expect so.

Yes Pish, don't these mongos understand it was legal at the time?

Supporting Rangers & Independence are NOT mutually exclusive.

I don't see ANY connection between RFC and the Union. Rangers play football, not politics!!!!

Never noticed the Union flags at Rangers games nor heard the crowd sing Rule Britannia, God Save The Queen et al?

To deny ANY connection between RFC and the Union is just plain silly.

Never noticed the Union flags at Rangers games nor heard the crowd sing Rule Britannia, God Save The Queen et al?

Time this sectarianism was put to bed once and for all. Scotland must be the only country in the world where the 2 major clubs claim allegiance to countries other than their own. Keltic won't like me saying this but they are a Scottish club and so are we.Do you think the Brexit voters in the South really care about RFC's Unon flag waving? They think we are a poor region of England not an equal partner in a union.

But the question is WHY the connection???

At what point in the RFC history was it decided that the club & it's supporters should be Unionist???

I can under stand supporting the Queen, but that's more a Royalist thing and there's no reason my the Queen can't be the Monarch of an Indy Scotland.

So WHY is the club classed as a Unionist club & in many ways puts that above being a Scottish club???

Time this sectarianism was put to bed once and for all. Scotland must be the only country in the world where the 2 major clubs claim allegiance to countries other than their own. Keltic won't like me saying this but they are a Scottish club and so are we.Do you think the Brexit voters in the South really care about RFC's Unon flag waving? They think we are a poor region of England not an equal partner in a union.

People have a right to show their British Heritage surely. The Scottish flag is included in the union flag. I have always favoured a free Scotland although that is becoming less now that it seems to be more related to Irish republicanism.