Kenny Miller unsure of Rangers future

MILLER TIME'S UP Kenny Miller admits his Rangers career is OVER with no contract offer on the table from Pedro Caixinha

The veteran striker’s deal runs out at the end of the season — and he is not expecting to be offered a new contract

KENNY MILLER has admitted he doesn’t have a Rangers future.

The veteran striker’s deal runs out at the end of the season — and he is not expecting to be offered a new contract.

The 37-year-old insists that if the club was going to hand him an extension then it would have done so long before now.

Miller has served the Ibrox outfit with distinction in three separate spells.Along with keeper Wes Foderingham he has been their best player this term.

However, it now looks almost certain he will not be part of new manager Pedro Caixinha’s plans next season.

Miller said: “Nothing has moved on at all. There has not been any chat. With a new manager coming in it’s kind of put that on hold a little bit.“For me, you don’t really get to this stage and things are not sorted out.“So it could be that I have only got six weeks left here at Rangers.“I’m still hopeful and everybody knows my feelings for the club and where I want to be but at the moment it has not moved forward.”

Miller, who has been helping out Graeme Murty with the Light Blues Under-20s, will be totally devastated to walk out of Ibrox in the summer.

However, despite his advancing years he is not ready to hang up his boots just yet.He said: “It would hurt me if I was to leave — of course it would.“I want to be here and I still feel I have a lot to offer as a player.“But that’s up to the manager. He is a man who seems to have strong opinions and views so he will make his own mind up on who he wants here and who he doesn’t.“I’ve not had a private conversation with him about it. I definitely see myself playing next season, wherever it may be.”

While Miller’s days in Light Blue appear to be numbered he is determined to bow out on a winning note.

The forward has set his sights on Hampden glory and has not given up hope of reeling in Aberdeen in the race for second spot.

He said: “I want to enjoy as much as I can by hopefully winning the Scottish Cup and finishing the league strongly.“We’ve got a semi-final against Celtic to look forward to and another Old Firm game straight after that.“But we’ve got three games to take care before that and if we can go on into these games with three wins under our belts it would be a big boost.“There is no reason why we can’t do that.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/818169/kenny-miller-admits-his-rangers-career-is-over-with-no-contract-offer-on-the-table-from-pedro-caixinha/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

I think PC will still be considering all his options. I would say it is still too early for him to be offering contracts and there is still every chance that Miller or any other player could be offered one.

Miller still has a year left in him, he looks after himself and is a model professional. Personally Id like to sign for another year and as he is capable of playing id rather he be on our books then elsewhere because a few clubs would want him for a season. After that Id like to see him become a coach within the club.

Its funny how some players split the crowd and Miller is one of them but Id been a fan since his first spell. And then you get Boyd who I was never a fan of.

I think PC will still be considering all his options. I would say it is still too early for him to be offering contracts and there is still every chance that Miller or any other player could be offered one.

Agree with that as it is indeed far too early for the manager to have made such decisions regarding next season. Personally I think Miller has earned another year and would be a useful asset to have even sitting on the bench to be launched sometime in the second half when and if required. In the second half opposition legs begin to tire and he is still fit enough to take advantage and give it his all for the final half hour or so of a game.

Miller's best attribute now is his on-field leadership & his effort, but it's all for nothing if there's no end product - and for the most part, there hasn't been.

His scoring has not been up to par for a striker, so based on that, he's a wasted jersey.

I think he may get offered a coaching role with the U20's, but I think his regular 1st team playing days are done. I would like to see PC looking for younger players, with the pace, stamina & scoring attributes to fully contribute.

IMHO, Miller is more the Naismith type of attacker than your regular scorer and striker. Methinks he only had one season with us where he fullfilled a real striker's role. What he lacks during his current stay are people one the same, quick thinking wave-length, people who would anticipate passes before they are done. IMHO, only Hyndman and at times Holt and Garner do that. In this creative attacking role, he sure has a future in the game and with us. Probably not a regular starter for much longer.

BTW, not too long ago, such talk about next season was actually put on hold and was not that important. I'd say it ain't that important still ... and Kenny will not mind a missing pay-cheque anytime soon. Missing playing no doubt though.