Beerman and Bates will start tomorrow

Be interesting to hear what elfideldo has to say on Beerman & Bates!

Bates is a strange one, a player that couldn't get in the Raith team at the beginning of this season. He has been average at best for the 20's (and he is an overage player), his best game was away to Hibs when he played at right back. In my opinion Ross McCrorie and Aidan Wilson are better long term prospects. Ross is on loan at Dumbarton and I believe Aidan may be on the bench tonight, although Aidan's last two 20's games haven't been his best.

Beerman is a good prospect, this may be a bit soon for him, he is a converted winger and therefore better going forward. He has only just turned 18 and is a bit lightweight, I believe he is on a programme to build him up physically.

Hopefully both will do well tonight.

The manager has said all injuries (aside from the Hodson illness) pre-dated his time at the club.

There's a slight argument that more intense training may have made these injuries worse - hence making them unavailable - but Hill, Kiernan, Wilson and Wallace have all missed various games through injury this season already so I'm not convinced.

Perhaps the different training has aggravated existing injuries, could be the case.

Good luck to the two Bs tonight.

Bates is a strange one, a player that couldn't get in the Raith team at the beginning of this season. He has been average at best for the 20's (and he is an overage player), his best game was away to Hibs when he played at right back. In my opinion Ross McCrorie and Aidan Wilson are better long term prospects. Ross is on loan at Dumbarton and I believe Aidan may be on the bench tonight, although Aidan's last two 20's games haven't been his best.

Beerman is a good prospect, this may be a bit soon for him, he is a converted winger and therefore better going forward. He has only just turned 18 and is a bit lightweight, I believe he is on a programme to build him up physically.

In regards to Bates - know that you are not his biggest fan but is it not true that he is quite highly thought of at Auchenhowie?

In regards to Beerman - Kiernan Tierney is only 19 - so hopefully Beerman can grab this chance and impress like he did across the other side of the city.

According to my calculations, Kiernan has missed only THREE games through injury (the 3 games after the 1-5 at the piggery), I'm sure he was dropped after the 1-4 Tynecastle for the following 2 matches (Warbs last and Murty's 1st).

Apart from the two games where he was serving a ban the only other match he didn't appear in was against Partick Thistle (immediately after his injury) when he was an unused sub.

So far this season, Hill has missed FOUR games through injury, Wallace FIVE and Wilson TWELVE!

Ajax have been signing last year youths for years and claiming them as academy players and everybody seems to think they have the best academy in the world.

Do they really ? Personally I think the Academy at Barcelona (La Masia) is the best, but I'm a Barca fan so am biased - but when an Academy can produce a number of World Cup winners (Iniesta, Busquets, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Valdes) and other top talent such as Guardiola, Alba, Sergi Roberto, Messi - then I think that it is at least a decent argument for being called the top Academy.

What's your thoughts now after seeing them play tonight?

What's your thoughts now after seeing them play tonight?

I have seen most of the under 20 games they have played in, so not just tonight. I thought they both did okay against a Killie team that never looked like scoring. Beerman had a couple of good forward runs.

Don't know if Bates is highly rated at Auchenhowie but it has been said the club a number of times that the likes of 19 year olds Ryan Hardie and Jordan Thompson along with 18 year old Ross McCrorie need to go on loan as the Under 20 league doesn't develop them. We then sign an overage player to play in the 20's league, a contradiction there.

He wasn't that highly rated at Raith, otherwise he would have been in their team at the start of this season, they obviously felt they had better players.

I thought Bates did well. Beerman was bullied by Sammon and struggled defensively but looked good when going forward.

Kinda ties in with what I said about Myles in my earlier post.

"Beerman is a good prospect, this may be a bit soon for him, he is a converted winger and therefore better going forward. He has only just turned 18 and is a bit lightweight, I believe he is on a programme to build him up physically."

I thought Bates did well. Beerman was bullied by Sammon and struggled defensively but looked good when going forward.

While Bates did well I thought he was very stiff and a quicker more flexible\supple CF than Boyd would leave him trailing in their wake. Beerman is a prospect but I fear too small to make a good defender. If Sammon had got a few good crosses to the back post we would have been in shit street. If he and Bates are playing against Aberdeen I cringe at what Rooney will do.