Beerman and Bates will start tomorrow

Always difficult to blood young players when the team aren't playing well, especially two together, which I thought was a bit of a risk.

They did ok against Killie, be more difficult on Sunday and hopefully more established players back against them.

Bates made a shaky start but he grew into the game; he used his physical presence to good affect, heading a few balls away from set-plays. I don't think he's the best with his feet, but he tried to play forward -- maybe our anonymous midfielders did not help matters.

Beerman was good. You can clearly see that he was a former winger, as elfideldo said; very confident with the ball, linking up and running at the defence. He did ok defensively too considering he was up against a big brute of a forward in Sammon. He wasn't troubled too much and he pretty much marked him tightly.

Edited by Rousseau

It was a crap game (not helped by my crap stream).

Generally I think we have to cut our losses with more than a few players and start again in the summer. Is the new manager the man to trust with this? I'm not so sure but he deserves the chance to show us.

It was a crap game (not helped by my crap stream).

Generally I think we have to cut our losses with more than a few players and start again in the summer. Is the new manager the man to trust with this? I'm not so sure but he deserves the chance to show us.

What worries me is that McKay said he had no idea what the tactics were in the Motherwell game and yesterday PC said I don't think the players are understanding my tactics. What worries me most is that PC has a 3 year contract.

What worries me is that McKay said he had no idea what the tactics were in the Motherwell game and yesterday PC said I don't think the players are understanding my tactics. What worries me most is that PC has a 3 year contract.

Last night was just a carbon copy of a Warburton game - though I would say the defence looked a bit more organised at set pieces.

We took too long on the ball, our decision-making was awful and our finishing often worse. That's not tactical - that's just an indication of minimal quality.

Last night was just a carbon copy of a Warburton game - though I would say the defence looked a bit more organised at set pieces.

We took too long on the ball, our decision-making was awful and our finishing often worse. That's not tactical - that's just an indication of minimal quality.

Indeed.

I said on the other thread, but it might be more appropriate here:

This year the team has stagnated. There has been no discernible, sustainable progress on the playing front. A stagnant pool. That is the best description of current circumstances.

Therefore, and any way you look at it, PC needs to redd out his playing staff at the end of the season.

That much is obvious; what is, but, perhaps, has not been so clear, is the extent of change required to make an acceptable impact; it needs to be significant. Ideally it would be.

Realistically, however, constraints on finance, and on available time (Europa Qualifiers will arrive precipitately), will militate against a quick turn around. The process of change will be, perforce, incremental, over this summer, and that of 2018. Unfortunately, it looks like we will have to settle for some moderate change, and consequently modest progress next season.

I do hope that I am wrong here.

MYLES HIGH Rangers kid Myles Beerman reveals he found out Pedro Caixinha picked him for Kilmarnock clash on TWITTER

The Gers boss surprised Scottish football by naming his first XI a day before the 0-0 draw at Rugby Park

By John Berry

6th April 2017, 7:48 am

MYLES BEERMAN has revealed he found out he was starting for Rangers against Kilmarnock on Twitter.

Gers boss Pedro Caixinha surprised everyone by naming his first XI a day before the 0-0 draw at Rugby Park.

That line up included debuts for Beerman and fellow youngster David Bates and the former Manchester City kid admitted he was surprised by the selection.

When asked if he found out about the start on Twitter the Maltese defender, 18, told Rangers TV: “Yes. I was surprised, I can’t describe the feeling.

“But at the same time I had to stay composed and act like a professional athletic and say ‘listen, it’s part of football, you’ve got to take it in your stride and perform for the team’.

“I’m really happy with my debut, but at the same time it’s Rangers Football Club we came to Kilmarnock, we should have came out with a win.

related stories

“We need to focus on the next game and we need to make sure we correct our errors from this game, make sure we create more chances and win more games.

“It was class, the fans were unreal, it was a great atmosphere and a taste of first team football was unbelievable for the first time.

The youngster revealed he found out about his selection on Twitter

“Since I was a little kid from Malta, a wee island in the middle of the Mediterranean, I have always had a dream and all I ever wanted to do was be a professional footballer.

“I can never ever forget this feeling.”

Despite a comfortable debut for Caixinha’s side Beerman isn’t taking anything for granted ahead of Gers’ trip to Aberdeen on Sunday.

When asked if he expected to start he said: “I have just got to keep on working hard and perform in training and at the end of the day it depends what the manager wants.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/829926/rangers-kid-myles-beerman-reveals-he-found-out-pedro-caixinha-picked-him-for-kilmarnock-clash-on-twitter/

This is absolutely shocking if true and why would Beerman say it if it is not true. The lad should have been the first to know from the managers mouth.

The lack of composure and and finishing with Tavernier's free kicks and Waghorn in general has been a major disappointment this season. Both had opportunities and chances galore, but couldn't remotely accomplish the feats of last season. Tavs late free kick last night was exemplary in this respect. He sure could not have hoped to get that free kick over the wall and into the net from that distance. A well placed power shot was on the agenda.

Holt has too much water career work to do this season, so he can't go forward that much. Hyndman was and is a revelation, as he can play throughout the midfield, defends decently enough, gets into dangerous areas AND likes to have a shot. Something that has been woefully missing from our midfielders bar Windass and Forrester, who rarely play.

This is absolutely shocking if true and why would Beerman say it if it is not true. The lad should have been the first to know from the managers mouth.

The manager strikes me as being impulsive so perhaps decided there and then to name the team which explains the lack of communication.

I'm not convinced he'll do it again actually.