http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6502909.stm

Rae expects to be England bound

Rangers fringe player Gavin Rae says he is likely to move to English football in the summer.

"It looks like this is going to be my last season at Rangers as my contract is up at the end of May," said the 29-year-old midfielder.

"I've not been offered anything, so I don't think there's any real doubt I'll be moving on."

Rae, who has won 11 caps for Scotland, had two matches as captain when Barry Ferguson was dropped by Paul Le Guen.

But he has struggled to hold down a regular place again under new Rangers manager Walter Smith.

Rae moved to Ibrox from Dundee in January 2004, but his time at Ibrox has been hampered by injuries that have limited him to 30 appearances.

"I think I would give England a go," he said.

"After leaving Rangers, there aren't many teams you would like to go to in Scotland.

"If would be difficult. If I got the chance, I would probably move to a club in England.

"There are other players who have made a success of a fresh start down there and there are certainly some big clubs.

"If I got the chance to play for one, that would be great."

And don't come back!

I still feel a bit sorry for him. There's no doubt that if he'd been able to find the form and potential he'd shown before joining, that he could have been a really valuable player over the last few years. Before he joined he was one of the best box-to-box midfielders in the SPL. But that was before the Ibrox injuryh jinx struck.

Good luck to him, he's done well to come back at all from those injuries.

I still feel a bit sorry for him. There's no doubt that if he'd been able to find the form and potential he'd shown before joining, that he could have been a really valuable player over the last few years. Before he joined he was one of the best box-to-box midfielders in the SPL. But that was before the Ibrox injuryh jinx struck.

Good luck to him, he's done well to come back at all from those injuries.

Have to agree with that, fair enough he's never done it with Rangers, but i remember thinking when we signed him that it was a good signing as for me he was the best box to box player in Scotland, he's been unlucky with injuries so IMO thanks and all the best wherever you go Gavin :thup:

Good luck to him at his next club but if he is thinking of England then he better look up Stockport, Bury and Chesterfield on the map as thats his level IMO.

He had a couple of half decent seasons for Dundee but thats it. Its a shame about his injuries but he has never been good enough for Rangers.

When he leaves he will be on par with the likes of Gary Bollan as Ex Gers players - remembered for being gash.