Rangers game on BBC Sportscene

Taped it, just watched the game there.

Neutrals would have thought there weren't any away fans at the match.

Every goal was greeted with a degree of depression instead of elation.

This is very strange...why not use the 'dubbed' roar they normally use at all the other grounds with big empty stands?

Said exactly the same thing mate. If it was the Sky recording they used with bbc commentary dubbed over it then they definitely reduced volume on our goals. Sounded like a few guys celebrating in the pub across the road.

Also glossed over the fact the Aberdeen player clearly head butts Garner. It certainly wasn't enough to make Garner go down and yes it was embarrassing however, to focus the critique on Garner is poor. They then follow it up with his 'foul' on their keeper to get the yahoos all worked up... Soft accidental foul at best. Why make that part of your 3 min highlight package?

Well, I watched it; why wouldn't I, after we won?! The whole theme was the incredulity of our win; Aberdeen were the best side... blah, blah, blah. They did have us under pressure -- a lot of it -- and so you can say they were in control. However, someone else said -- perhaps McCann -- in another game, you can twist that: actually Rangers were in control because we sat in and dealt with everything they fired at us. Moreover, how many times have we dominated games this season, and last, only to be criticised for not making it count? possession counts for nothing etc. They undoubtedly had the better of the possession, but we dealt with everything they had and then countered very effectively. We should be given credit for the way we did it -- I didn't think we had it in us. Alas that doesn't fit the narrative, does it?

GIRUY!

Edited by Rousseau

Stewart was making a strong case for why the Dons players never hounded the ref to put him under pressure to award a penalty when Wilson challenged McGinn in the box but had Garner hung and drawn for the doing that very thing with the headbutt.

You just have to look at McGinn's reaction to realise why they never as he stood up pointing to the corner flag.

Stewart was making a strong case for why the Dons players never hounded the ref to put him under pressure to award a penalty when Wilson challenged McGinn in the box but had Garner hung and drawn for the doing that very thing with the headbutt.

You just have to look at McGinn's reaction to realise why they never as he stood up pointing to the corner flag.

That doesn't suit their agenda!

Well, I watched it; why wouldn't I, after we won?! The whole theme was the incredulity of our win; Aberdeen were the best side... blah, blah, blah. They did have us under pressure -- a lot of it -- and so you can say they were in control. However, someone else said -- perhaps McCann -- in another game, you can twist that: actually Rangers were in control because we sat in and dealt with everything they fired at us. Moreover, how many times have we dominated games this season, and last, only to be criticised for not making it count? possession counts for nothing etc. They undoubtedly had the better of the possession, but we dealt with everything they had and then countered very effectively. We should be given credit for the way we did it -- I didn't think we had it in us. Alas that doesn't fit the narrative, does it?

GIRUY!

I only watch it when we win:D

The fact that the sheep continually launched long high balls into the box meant we had to defend!, praise for our team for doing just that, we could/should have scored a couple of goals in the first half which we were unlucky not to do so, we kept battling away and then buried them!

GIRUY!

Quite. They had the better of the second half, we had the better of the first and should really have gone 2-0 up. The penalty claim is desperately trying to an issue of something that wasn't. Apart from Garner behaving like a fanny, the main issue of controversy wasn't the penalty but the red card that never was for Ryan Jack's studs-up, feet off the ground lunge at Holt.

Said exactly the same thing mate. If it was the Sky recording they used with bbc commentary dubbed over it then they definitely reduced volume on our goals. Sounded like a few guys celebrating in the pub across the road.

Also glossed over the fact the Aberdeen player clearly head butts Garner. It certainly wasn't enough to make Garner go down and yes it was embarrassing however, to focus the critique on Garner is poor. They then follow it up with his 'foul' on their keeper to get the yahoos all worked up... Soft accidental foul at best. Why make that part of your 3 min highlight package?

Goalie should have been booked, Garner didn't touch him even by accident

Quite. They had the better of the second half, we had the better of the first and should really have gone 2-0 up. The penalty claim is desperately trying to an issue of something that wasn't. Apart from Garner behaving like a fanny, the main issue of controversy wasn't the penalty but the red card that never was for Ryan Jack's studs-up, feet off the ground lunge at Holt.

That's a brilliant point Oleg! I remember watching that and wincing thinking "hope Holt is ok" and "it's a certain red". It was a shocker of a challenge!!

Edited by cooponthewing