Dave King defies Takeover Panel order to issue £11m buyout offer

With regard to Dave King, it's clear the guy continues to play fast and loose with the way he runs the club/company.

Although I can understand some of his tactics in a general sense, it's also fair to say it's unhelpful for the club to be continually in court over such - especially when it appears he doesn't have a leg to stand on specifically with regard to the Takeover Panel stuff.

I think most of us would thank King for removing certain elements of previous club administrations but that shouldn't allow him a free pass now or in the future. And, no fan (or indeed, fan group) should be making excuses for him.

I am beginning to worry that DK is one of these guys who bases a lot of his business manoeuvres on the philosophy of 'We'll get away with it', and whose response to advice that this is an unlikely outcome, is 'We'll cross that bridge when we come to it'. We have all met with this, I am sure, and heard the "I don't want hear about difficulties" mantra.

This kind of approach is less than 'strategic', and, often is accompanied without a 'Plan B', or even a fall back position, as to have such in reserve is 'negative' and, in some of the worst cases, 'disloyal'.

I hope that I am wrong.

I am beginning to worry that DK is one of these guys who bases a lot of his business manoeuvres on the philosophy of 'We'll get away with it', and whose response to advice that this is an unlikely outcome, is 'We'll cross that bridge when we come to it'. We have all met with this, I am sure, and heard the "I don't want hear about difficulties" mantra.

This kind of approach is less than 'strategic', and, often is accompanied without a 'Plan B', or even a fall back position, as to have such in reserve is 'negative' and, in some of the worst cases, 'disloyal'.

I hope that I am wrong.

King promised us improvements in corporate governance and it's safe to say these have been slow in coming or, in the Takeover Panel example, are worthy of strong criticism.

All the more reason for sensible, intelligent fans to hold him to account. I don't think we have much to gain from brining up 7 year old RST bunfights but anyone involved really needs to be above reproach when it comes to dealing with our cash - be it the club or supporter group.

I hope that I am wrong.

Another case of Plan B being more of Plan A perhaps with a similar outcome?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I dont think DK is much of a fan of Red tape etc.Hes probably had years of practise riding roughshod over it. Sometimes you get away with it----sometimes you dont.

At least hes not stealing from us. Only thing i dont understand is,why he is reluctant to hoover up as many 20 pence shares as he can?

I dont think DK is much of a fan of Red tape etc.Hes probably had years of practise riding roughshod over it. Sometimes you get away with it----sometimes you dont.

At least hes not stealing from us. Only thing i dont understand is,why he is reluctant to hoover up as many 20 pence shares as he can?

Perhaps because he's bought enough shares in concert with T3B to be in control and wants to save his hard earned dosh to invest in the Club? Or perhaps because he doesn't have quite as much dosh to invest as he would have us believe?

I've seen figures mentioned up to a million just to allow him to offer. My suspicion is he wouldn't get a single taker at 20p. That's a million down the drain.

The alternative isn't worth thinking about though.

A liar and someone who abuses and threatens other Rangers fans.

Given his personal lies about me on social media, please do not post his website on here. If people want to read it they can find it easily enough.

PS: This is a tweet I was sent a while back. Complete and utter nonsense from a proven liar.

https://twitter.com/davysleftpeg1/status/823987062546296832

[tweet]823987062546296832[/tweet]

Jeez. You wonder what makes these guys tick.

Perhaps because he's bought enough shares in concert with T3B to be in control and wants to save his hard earned dosh to invest in the Club? Or perhaps because he doesn't have quite as much dosh to invest as he would have us believe?

Youre distain for DK has been duly noted.(Again)

A liar and someone who abuses and threatens other Rangers fans.

Given his personal lies about me on social media, please do not post his website on here. If people want to read it they can find it easily enough.

PS: This is a tweet I was sent a while back. Complete and utter nonsense from a proven liar.

https://twitter.com/davysleftpeg1/status/823987062546296832

[tweet]823987062546296832[/tweet]

Were they slow to get their round in Frankie? Good on you if so - and watch out those at the next dinner, be on your toes when it's your turn to go to the bar ;)

Yes, yes I know it won't be "rounds", just trying to make light of a horrendous post. It's the first time I've seen this. It is utterly disgraceful We really have some worrying folk among our fans, I'm afraid :(