The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

For some reason, I don't envisage any rash decisions by the board, so assume a 6 months minimum.

I used to be in that camp, but given how things have gone so far and with the start we have, I have a sneaking suspicion the Board might be left with no choice if we're struggling after the first three matches to be honest.

Signing Walker and Naismith (while accepting he's not the player he was when he was here before) would make me a lot more optimistic about our chances this season.

I used to be in that camp, but given how things have gone so far and with the start we have, I have a sneaking suspicion the Board might be left with no choice if we're struggling after the first three matches to be honest.

Signing Walker and Naismith (while accepting he's not the player he was when he was here before) would make me a lot more optimistic about our chances this season.

If those two signings give you more confidence, does that mean it's the current players that you have a problem with rather than the manager? I wasn't sure.

If those two signings give you more confidence, does that mean it's the current players that you have a problem with rather than the manager? I wasn't sure.

A bit of both to be honest. I think those players would improve the squad - but that squad should still have beaten those part-timers in the Europa League, even with minimal input from the manager. I still have massive reservations over some of the individuals in the squad and the squad as a "whole" given how they performed under Warburton and also under Pedro up to this point.

My judgement is out on the manager because based on what I've seen so far he looks like he might be out of his depth and I'm not entirely sure what his grand plan is at the moment.

Naismith would be a clear upgrade in what we have imo. Walker would appear to be a proven SPL player who will also improve on what we have available to us at the moment.

There's loads of ifs, buts and maybes though due to how we've been under MW and PC (in his limited time).

We may all sit in the same boat in two months time, of course. But before a draw that ticket, I really want to see all new players in action alongside one another, as conjecture is hardly a good basis for a PC job debate.

I hope they don't, but I know where you are coming from, he needs to really hit the ground running, everyone will be up to speed by then and they will all be familiar with each other, the thing that worries me is goals, we really need a prolific striker, unless everyone is going to contribute.

Would be great to get both, Walker has been a consistent performer at this level for a couple of years now and would chip in with a few goals and assists, Naismith, although not what he was when he left now has a wealth of premiership experience, mind you the league is not the same as when he left either, he would be a welcome addition.

If we end up paying more for Walker than we received for McKay, then Dickson & Robertson should be sacked as that will be quite simply the worst piece of transfer negotiation business I have seen since we paid off Bob Malcolm in full on transfer deadline day so he could go and sign with someone else an hour later.

If we end up paying more for Walker than we received for McKay, then Dickson & Robertson should be sacked as that will be quite simply the worst piece of transfer negotiation business I have seen since we paid off Bob Malcolm in full on transfer deadline day so he could go and sign with someone else an hour later.

why should they be sacked ? maybe Walker's a better player than McKay.

why should they be sacked ? maybe Walker's a better player than McKay.

Walker is in no way shape or form anything like as accomplished a player as McKay. And that is before you take into international caps etc. I doubt there is even one Jambo who thinks Walker is anywhere near the same level as McKay.

Our negotiations have always been suspect, well before our current guys got their jobs, but this is an easy one to compare so should be easy to manage. Hearts should be told that no way are we going over the £475K we got for McKay, and if they reject that, we look elsewhere (not going to find anyone anywhere near as good as McKay for the same money of course)

Walker is in no way shape or form anything like as accomplished a player as McKay. And that is before you take into international caps etc. I doubt there is even one Jambo who thinks Walker is anywhere near the same level as McKay.

Our negotiations have always been suspect, well before our current guys got their jobs, but this is an easy one to compare so should be easy to manage. Hearts should be told that no way are we going over the £475K we got for McKay, and if they reject that, we look elsewhere (not going to find anyone anywhere near as good as McKay for the same money of course)

The flaw is that McKay didn't want to play for Rangers, and, apparently, Walker does.

One volunteer is often worth multiple recruits.