The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

For some reason, I don't envisage any rash decisions by the board, so assume a 6 months minimum.

Whether or not I, you or any number of bears can understand how this 'TP' style/system is supposed to work is irrelevant DB. At a club like ours there is a natural assumed position that most if not ALL supporters think we should be in. I don't think the board are likely to make any rash decisions on the future of the manager either. However its all very well us being logical during these discussions here and on other message boards but the fact of the matter is it will be an emotional decision born from emotional reactions. Unfortunately after a string of very poor performances/results I don't think Pedro has left himself with much room to maneuver. As I see it Pedro has probably one, maybe two poor performances/results left in him before the stands make the boards decision for them. At that point its over I'm afraid.

Walker is in no way shape or form anything like as accomplished a player as McKay. And that is before you take into international caps etc. I doubt there is even one Jambo who thinks Walker is anywhere near the same level as McKay.

Our negotiations have always been suspect, well before our current guys got their jobs, but this is an easy one to compare so should be easy to manage. Hearts should be told that no way are we going over the £475K we got for McKay, and if they reject that, we look elsewhere (not going to find anyone anywhere near as good as McKay for the same money of course)

I can't opine on whether anyone is doing their jobs properly or not in terms of contract negotiations or fees paid, but I do agree we seem to have a poor track record in getting decent fees for players.

In the case of McKay however, it seems we are selling a player who has proven he's not good enough to play for us. By the same token, we appear to be taking a risk on a player who may be good enough. I think that's probably worth more money on the face of it. The problem with the McKay situation is that we all know he has the potential, but for some reason appears to be disintersted in too many games. I thought he'd turn out to be a real star for us and I'm bitterly disappointed at his apparent poor attitude. I think most other teams have identified that too, and hence the reason for the low transfer fee. Really disappointing though!

Walker is in no way shape or form anything like as accomplished a player as McKay. And that is before you take into international caps etc. I doubt there is even one Jambo who thinks Walker is anywhere near the same level as McKay.

Our negotiations have always been suspect, well before our current guys got their jobs, but this is an easy one to compare so should be easy to manage. Hearts should be told that no way are we going over the £475K we got for McKay, and if they reject that, we look elsewhere (not going to find anyone anywhere near as good as McKay for the same money of course)

I totally agree with you. There is no way we should be paying the money discussed for a non-capped player from Hearts who is in the last year of his contract. Especially as we let McKay, who is a younger capped player in a similar position, for less.

Rangers may or may not value Walker more highly than McKay (as may Hearts). However, as it stands, we're not prepared to pay what Hearts want so we should seek an alternative.

Given our creative paucity in wide and forward areas, this should be a priority ahead of early August.

If we are going for walker I would say 750k Max, if it is rejected move on and sign him in January for nothing. the problem with McKay is he flattered to deceive to often, he had good games but when our backs were to the wall he was worse than useless, I also get the feeling he had made his mind up when Pedro came in that he was going to leave this summer, maybe Warburton or Weir had a word in his ear when they go the Forrest job, who knows.

I can't believe that a lot of folk think McKay is far superior to Walker though, I think Walker offers more than McKay, can play in more positions, as well as a winger can play as an advanced midfielder, or as a striker, scored more than double the goals McKay got last year, I think McKay got one more assist but as Ullieam has said above he is desperate to play for Rangers and is a Rangers fan and we are desperately lacking wide options at the minute.

I've said it before, we should not be paying anywhere near Hearts valuation for Walker.

Hold off & get him to sign a pre-contract....then negotiate a token fee for him in order to bring him in early.

While I agree with your opinion to a great extent there's also a bit of me that feels if the manager thinks Walker could be the final piece in the jigsaw then we have to get him in before the start of the season.

What is he worth? Say 500K? Transfer market rates him at 750K So for the sake of another 250K we could be going into the season weaker than we otherwise might have been. We seriously need to hit the ground running hopefully taking all points before the visit of the unmentionables and if Walker is the key to that an extra 250K is worth it.