The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Good. Hopefully we can now get rid of the rest of the lower league dross that should never have been signed.

When listing a XI of 'remember how bad he was' in the future, I dont even think I'll remember to include Crooks.

Edited by Gribz

I disagree on McKay, I think he is the one player who was in our squad that was capable of producing something last season. Granted it didnt happen often enough, but that happens with 21yo wingers whose best days are most certainly ahead of him. I think it was hard for him to focus when so many assists he set up were missed, or when he was ready to put the ball into a scoring area, nobody was there. This happened dozens of times last season under 3 different managers.

I thought McKay last season was like watching Lewis McLeod in his final season with us, he was the only player on the park who was going to entertain you on any given matchday, and looked head and shoulders above the other players. Another we sold for nowhere near his value (value at the time, injuries have of course changed that since).

I would say Walker has shown nothing to indicate he MAY be good enough FOR US. Of course if he comes in, I wish him all the best and will give him my full support, but I dont think I am going to see a better player than the one we let go, even though we paid more for him, and he will be on a lot more wages than McKay was offered to stay. If he signs, and he makes me forget about McKay, I will be a very happy bear indeed!

Walker got 12 league goals last season for hertz & wants to play for Rangers.

McKay got 6 league goals for Rangers last season & didn't want to sign a new contract.

It's really that simple

McKay got 6 league goals for Rangers last season & didn't want to sign a new contract.

It's really that simple

Agreed. It means that neither of us are on message, right enough.

It's really that simple

It's never that simple in football. McKay wanted to sign a new contract, but not on terms much less than other players who were not as good, and in some cases not even in the team regularly. If you genuinely believe Walker is a better player than McKay your are in a very small minority. Walker may well just want a pay rise and not care a jot about If that's at Rangers or elsewhere.

It's never that simple in football. McKay wanted to sign a new contract, but not on terms much less than other players who were not as good, and in some cases not even in the team regularly. If you genuinely believe Walker is a better player than McKay your are in a very small minority. Walker may well just want a pay rise and not care a jot about If that's at Rangers or elsewhere.

Well, we will just have to wait; and watch McKay rip the Eng Championship to shreds, then get a £30M move to Arsenal.

McKay is yesterday's man; get over it; we have lost better players; onward and upward.

Apparently it is that simple or at least it is for some. I was told on another thread that Aberdeen were better than Rangers because they had 9 more points in the end. So that being the case it follows that Walker is considerably better than McKay after getting 12 goals to 6 for McKay and that while playing in a team that finished 21 points behind Rangers.

I noticed that the Transfermrkt website which is usually a decent resource has noted that McKay went to Nottingham Forest for £727k. If that's the case then that's not too bad considering he was in the last year of his contract.

Seen on twitter and Facebook this morning that Naismith is being linked again.

Yes that has been doing the rounds. I believe it depends on being able to get rid of some of the not wanted players though.

Seen on twitter and Facebook this morning that Naismith is being linked again.

Still no thanks. Purely on a footballing sense 3 years ago would have been a good addition but not now. Other reasons have been well documented.