The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Snatched from FF ... (and outpacing ian)

Caixinha wants Herrera but deal not done yet, player is considering our offer. Pumas want him to stay and the club he was on loan at (Veracruz) are also interested.

It also mentions that Caixinha is interested in Javier Abella from Santos Laguna (quick google search reveals Jose Javier Abella, a 23 year old right back...)

SHOW US THE MONEY Pumas demand 20 per cent sell-on clause before they will sell Eduardo Herrera to Rangers

Pedro Caixinha's revolution is in full-swing at Ibrox this week and the Mexican striker is just one of several potential signings

RANGERS target Eduardo Herrera’s club have demanded a 20 per cent sell-on clause from the Ibrox side before they agree to allow the striker to quit Mexico.

Pedro Caixinha’s revolution has been in full swing this week as he embarks on his rebuilding process for next season.

He’s awaiting a work permit for Carlos Pena and he is expected to arrive in Scotland once that is finalised.

And Rangers have stepped up their efforts to land current Mexican international Herrera, who has scored three goals for Mexico in nine appearances.

Herrera joined Veracruz on loan earlier this year from Pumas, but the Mexico City club are believed to be willing to allow the 28-year-old join Rangers for a cut-price fee.

But in return, they want Rangers to agree on a 20 per cent sell-on fee for their player.

Caixinha worked with the striker three years ago when he was in charge of Santos Laguna.

He’s a huge fan of the giant striker, who helped Caixinha win honours in Mexico.

The player returned to Pumas on loan and Caixinha has already gone on record expressing his regret that he never turned a loan move for Herrera into a permanent move.

He said: “He was a player who contributed a lot at the time at Santos.“He’s improved every year and is now a complete striker.“He’s Mexican, he’s very professional and he scores goals. He was a great player for me.”

And Rangers remain interested in right back Javier Abella, who is another player Caixinha has worked with at Santos.

The Sun

Ryan Jack is not a traitor, but he is taking a step down joining Rangers says Aberdeen fan John McMillan

The midfielder has angered the Red Army after agreeing a deal with bitter rivals Rangers

ABERDEEN fans chief John McMillan has refused to brand Ryan Jack a traitor – but insists he is taking a step DOWN moving to Rangers.

SunSport understands Jack will today join new signing Bruno Alves at Ibrox as quickfire capture No2.

The ex-Dons skipper has undergone his medical and will be announced as Pedro Caixinha’s second summer signing.

But the controversial move has angered the Red Army, given the rivalry between both clubs.

And Aberdeen supporter John McMillan, head of the Gothenburg Reds fan group, believes the 25-year-old is making the wrong move.

He said: “If he goes to Rangers it will come as a massive surprise. It’s definitely a shock.

“He’s not a Rangers fan, a lot of his family are but he’s not.“I don’t class him as a traitor. He’s doing what is best for him and his family at the end of the day.

“If I’m being honest, at the moment I think he’s making a step down.“Maybe in two years’ time when Rangers are back where everyone expects them to be, then it might have been a good move. But not at the moment.

“I think realistically Aberdeen are looking at definitely getting more trophies and I think it would have been an ideal place for him to stay at.“Potentially a move somewhere else might have been better for him because I don’t even think Rangers will finish second this season.“I still think Aberdeen have the potential to do it next season.”

While Aberdeen reached two domestic Cup finals, Rangers failed to land any silverware after a miserable campaign.

And John reckons the only reason Jack will swap Pittodrie for Ibrox is for a bigger pay packet.

He said: “Why is he leaving? Money I think.“He’s at a place at Aberdeen where he wasn’t going to get captaincy next season.

“I think it’s maybe partly behind that. If I’m being honest I wouldn’t have expected him to have signed a new deal with Aberdeen.

“I think two years ago when he signed, he got captaincy to keep him.“But I don’t think we’re in a position to keep him this time because there is nothing else to offer him.”

John also claimed Jack WON’T be missed at Pittodrie and backed new signing Greg Tansey to fill the void.

He said: “I don’t think he’ll be missed. It’s not an issue.“We’ve got replacements there that can cover for him no problem.

“We have Greg Tansey coming in and fingers crossed we can maybe sort something out for Ryan Christie.“That’s two replacements that I think would be able to cover for Ryan Jack.”

Jack is likely to come in for some heavy flack next season when he faces Aberdeen in a light blue jersey.

And John added: “He won’t get a good reception, that’s for certain.“Will he dread coming to Pittodrie? No, I don’t think so.

“As a player I think you’ve got to accept that if you make a move to one of your most hated teams then you have to be prepared to deal with it I suppose.”

Ryan Jack is not a traitor, but he is taking a step down joining Rangers says Aberdeen fan John McMillan

The midfielder has angered the Red Army after agreeing a deal with bitter rivals Rangers

ABERDEEN fans chief John McMillan has refused to brand Ryan Jack a traitor – but insists he is taking a step DOWN moving to Rangers.

SunSport understands Jack will today join new signing Bruno Alves at Ibrox as quickfire capture No2.

The ex-Dons skipper has undergone his medical and will be announced as Pedro Caixinha’s second summer signing.

But the controversial move has angered the Red Army, given the rivalry between both clubs.

And Aberdeen supporter John McMillan, head of the Gothenburg Reds fan group, believes the 25-year-old is making the wrong move.

He said: “If he goes to Rangers it will come as a massive surprise. It’s definitely a shock.

“He’s not a Rangers fan, a lot of his family are but he’s not.“I don’t class him as a traitor. He’s doing what is best for him and his family at the end of the day.

“If I’m being honest, at the moment I think he’s making a step down.“Maybe in two years’ time when Rangers are back where everyone expects them to be, then it might have been a good move. But not at the moment.

“I think realistically Aberdeen are looking at definitely getting more trophies and I think it would have been an ideal place for him to stay at.“Potentially a move somewhere else might have been better for him because I don’t even think Rangers will finish second this season.“I still think Aberdeen have the potential to do it next season.”

While Aberdeen reached two domestic Cup finals, Rangers failed to land any silverware after a miserable campaign.

And John reckons the only reason Jack will swap Pittodrie for Ibrox is for a bigger pay packet.

He said: “Why is he leaving? Money I think.“He’s at a place at Aberdeen where he wasn’t going to get captaincy next season.

“I think it’s maybe partly behind that. If I’m being honest I wouldn’t have expected him to have signed a new deal with Aberdeen.

“I think two years ago when he signed, he got captaincy to keep him.“But I don’t think we’re in a position to keep him this time because there is nothing else to offer him.”

John also claimed Jack WON’T be missed at Pittodrie and backed new signing Greg Tansey to fill the void.

He said: “I don’t think he’ll be missed. It’s not an issue.“We’ve got replacements there that can cover for him no problem.

“We have Greg Tansey coming in and fingers crossed we can maybe sort something out for Ryan Christie.“That’s two replacements that I think would be able to cover for Ryan Jack.”

Jack is likely to come in for some heavy flack next season when he faces Aberdeen in a light blue jersey.

And John added: “He won’t get a good reception, that’s for certain.“Will he dread coming to Pittodrie? No, I don’t think so.

“As a player I think you’ve got to accept that if you make a move to one of your most hated teams then you have to be prepared to deal with it I suppose.”

Hahahahaha this is great, they are absolutely seething. I think Jack is a good astute signing but nothing spectacular, he is a good Scottish pro who will probably do a good job in a rangers shirt, I think the fact they are so upset about this makes the transfer even better, if our transfer deals come off we will be miles ahead of Aberdeen, and to say Tansey is an adequate replacement, did he not get relegated with Caley Thistle.

Regarding releases it will be interesting to see who turns up for first day of training next week or whenever that day is.

Im hoping its a mass exodus, there are so many players in that team just not up to standard, became even more apparent when the young guys came in and performed better. I didn't realize the English market didn't open till July. I reckon that's when you will see a lot of them head back to league 1 and league 2.

I thought PC might keep Garner but I think if he is going for Herrera he could be on his way to.

basically....Aberdeen didn't win any silverware either then - reaching a final is pointless if you don't walk away with the trophy.

Reference John McMillan's verbal interpretation of Edvard Munch's most famous exercise in daubing paint.

I spoke to a few of his fellow Dandies last Saturday morning. I asked if they were concerned at their club missing the deadline for submission for planning consent reference the latest location for their proposed new stadium? I believe it be the third proposed location in the last decade? Their replies mirrored an acceptance that their club was somewhere between £10-£15 million short, in securing any successful conclusion. I asked why the rest of Scottish football should be paying premium prices to sit/stand in a ground for the worst sight lines in the country, inadequate toilet facilities, narrow aisles, and 35 year old rusting seats bolted to 60 year old crumbling concrete? I wondered why the relevant authorities award Pittodrie the necessary licenses every year? The reply of, "it does a job" is akin to the ground, inadequate!

BBC Scotland has several Dandy Dons supporters banging out Stand Free propaganda on a daily basis. Their demands that everyone celebrates Aberdeen's position as second best team in the country is embarrassing. Why doesn't one of them secure Milne for interview to find out when the Pittodrie toilet will be condemned? Further, why do we NOT hear the voices of both Falkirk and Raith Rovers fans on the subject? Falkirk were denied legitimate promotion because their ground was deemed inadequate. The club that escaped legitimate relegation was Aberdeen. Sporting integrity anyone? Raith had to build two stands they could ill afford for one season in the Premiership, 25 years of penury has ensued.

John McMillan should be asked this question; instead, he has been allowed to aim another kick at Rangers, and no doubt being cheered to the echo.