The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Were you in on the deal?, you his agent? :)

I read it somewhere that Alves had talked himself free with Calgari and that Rangers only needed to deal with Alves.

Ryan Jack set to join Bruno Alves at Rangers tomorrow after undergoing medical

By Andy Devlin

Alves' arrival in a £500,000 deal from Cagliari signals the start of a huge summer of recruitment by Pedro Caixinha's Ibrox side

BRUNO ALVES is targeting the title after becoming Pedro Caixinha’s first signing as Rangers boss.

SunSport can reveal Ryan Jack will tomorrow join Alves at Ibrox as quickfire capture No2.

Alves’ arrival in a £500,000 deal from Cagliari signals the start of a huge summer of recruitment by Gers.

Jack will complete his switch to Ibrox tomorrow.

Ex-Aberdeen skipper Jack, 25, has been in talks with Gers, and has undergone his medical.

He will be announced as Rangers’ second signing of the summer, as Caixinha gets new faces in quickly ahead of the Europa League campaign.

Talks between Gers and Norwich continue as boss Caixinha also aims to secure midfield ace Graham Dorrans.

Rangers are confident a deal will be struck for Dorrans, 30, but it’s unlikely that will be concluded ahead of the squad returning for pre-season training on Monday.

Benfica duo Daniel Candeias and Dalcio remain firmly on Caixinha’s radar, and it’s understood both could arrive in Glasgow early next week.

Winger Candeias, 29, is available on a free transfer while hitman Dalcio, 21, is likely to agree terms on a season-long loan from Benfica.

Despite reports linking Setubal defender Fabio Cardoso with Wolves, SunSport understands Gers are also confident of striking a deal for the 23-year-old.

Mexican ace Carlos Pena has already sealed his move to Ibrox, and will shortly head to Glasgow for his medical.

This is potentially great. A lot to heed but behind the scenes must be busy. A mix of unknown and known is good. The Known are certainly improvements. Alves no-brainer. Dorrans fits in and Jack is surely better than Halliday.

But Dorrans, Jack, Candeias, Dalcio, Cardoso and Pena following Alves would be good business.

If Kranjcar gets fit then its all about PC piecing it altogether.

A few faces need to head out the exit though.

Might turn out that Pedro was the best bit of business we did since i'm somewhat doubting Alves as an example would be here if not for Pedro. And if all of these names fall into place and click dare I say we could be looking at a real title race which is something I wouldn't have said just a few weeks ago. Maybe just last week I wouldn't have said it.

We appear to be shaping a team that should leave the sheep and heartz of this league trailing in our wake. If we consistently beat the rest all we then need to do is take points from them too and it's on. We already did that in their own hovel with a misfiring team and a more than suspect defence.

This is potentially great. A lot to heed but behind the scenes must be busy. A mix of unknown and known is good. The Known are certainly improvements. Alves no-brainer. Dorrans fits in and Jack is surely better than Halliday.

But Dorrans, Jack, Candeias, Dalcio, Cardoso and Pena following Alves would be good business.

If Kranjcar gets fit then its all about PC piecing it altogether.

A few faces need to head out the exit though.

Pedro was supposed to talk to all the players who were considered to have a dubious future with Rangers. I must say that I am astounded that there have been no leaks so far about who is staying and who is going.

Pedro was supposed to talk to all the players who were considered to have a dubious future with Rangers. I must say that I am astounded that there have been no leaks so far about who is staying and who is going.

The only problem is getting selling players under contract with no offers. I guess we will need to bide time and see if we receive offers as paying up contracts isnt an option. If we have to take a hit on some players then so be it though. If we get an offer for Garner which is lower (to an extent) than what we paid we would be mad not take it.

There might be delicate negotiations going on to get some off the payroll which neither side would want to jeopardise by leaking it.

Well, thinking back of days gone by, Advocaat created a Dutch spine, PLG imported some French guys, and Warburton quite a few English fellows. By the looks of it,and if all things come to pass, PC creates a "Latin" spine, with Portuguese and Mexican players.

All that is (and was) fine and well, one just hopes it clicks from the start. As we all know, and most of us on here agree, PC needs some time to get this house in order. Yet, if things don't go according to plan, Rangers supporters can become rather restless soon enough.

Well, thinking back of days gone by, Advocaat created a Dutch spine, PLG imported some French guys, and Warburton quite a few English fellows. By the looks of it,and if all things come to pass, PC creates a "Latin" spine, with Portuguese and Mexican players.

All that is (and was) fine and well, one just hopes it clicks from the start. As we all know, and most of us on here agree, PC needs some time to get this house in order. Yet, if things don't go according to plan, Rangers supporters can become rather restless soon enough.

First he needed his own players and now he needs time. He is spending millions he does not have time. If we do not qualify for the EL qualifying groups that money he is now spending becomes debt. He and his players need to hit the ground running. Everything is about money these days not about time. He has about 6 weeks training to get the team playing before we start getting real opposition that is the time he has.