The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

Sorry folks, I cant come to Scotland for this despite trying hard and buying a ticket for the match.

Hope you have a nice meal

Sorry to hear that, I heard you were on the bell; but have kindly sent £50 to BD for the kitty. Thanks. :cheers:

Edited by BrahimHemdani

It's in La Fiorentina, not Malaga Tapas this time, CS. Sons of Guillermo, indeed! I'll stick with Sangre de Toro, gracias usted.

The Billy Boys is Spanish...That will fox em lol!! Anyone speak Italian instead???

Edited by cooponthewing

The Billy Boys is Spanish...That will fox em lol!! Anyone speak Italian instead???

I am sure I could conjure up a Dutch version.DB a German,26th a French, BH a Spanish but I haven't seen much Italian so that would probably be google translate.:)

Let me try to inject some good news into a bad night.

Firstly I can confirm that I have told Ally Scott that the dinner has been cancelled due to lack of numbers. He took it fine and agreed to be a guest should we ask him again in future.

I have also been able to agree the same terms with the restaurant for the party of circa 11 as for the larger group. The dinner was costed on the basis that I did a deal with the restaurant for their 3-course menu http://www.la-fiorentina.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ChefsBigDeal.pdf normally £15.50 for £14.50 and they will hold that for the party of 11. The £3.00 add on (ticket price £17.50) was to cover the guest's meal, drinks and expenses on the assumption of a party of 20 as a minimum.

So what we will do now is use the £3.00 to provide a first drink (bottle of beer or glass of wine) free. It would be helpful to know how many beer drinkers there are and how many who prefer wine. It would be even more helpful if we could agree on red or white; but I'll work it out whatever folks prefer.

We have got a nice table in the long mezzanine floor for those who know La Fiorentina and we could certainly accommodate a few more if there are any others who wish to come along. However, I would need to know by next weekend. As previously stated there will be no refunds except in exceptional circumstances after next Saturday the 6th of May 2017 and no refunds at all after the final numbers have been given to the restaurant which will be Thursday 11th of May 2017.

Attendees please post your drink preferences in this thread. Ditto any new guests.

The restaurant are going to put on Budweiser bottles for not more than £3.50 which is cheaper than their Italian brands and they will also do us a special price (to be agreed) on the house wines, normally £17.50/bottle.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Red for moi

Good, that's what I'm hoping for rbr.

If we can get agreement on house red (which is a Merlot BTW) and Buds, that would make the free starter a lot easier. After that it's not an issue whatever folk want to drink.