The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

Is there anyone meeting at Ibrox to walk\travel to the restaurant and if not then can you give me an address and general directions.

Just walk back along Paisley Road West (in direction of the Town) to the Toll mate and it's right on the corner.

Around a 15-20min walk from the stadium.

I'm happy to meet and walk down with you.

same here.......the restaurant building's got a big statue of an angel on top

We are as well all meeting up at one of the sets of lights and walk down together

No problem with me. I will follow follow.:D

Where do you suggest we meet? Corner of Copland Road and Edmiston Drive? John Greig statue?

John Greig statue is clearer and a smaller target.

I will meet you guys at the John Greig Statue as well asap after full time; it will work out well in terms of the first drinks if a bunch of us arrive at the same time. I'll ensure the wine is "breathing" and the beer is cold.

For anyone else, you really can't miss the restaurant, which sits right in the junction of PRW and Govan Road (opposite Glasgow's Grand Old Opry, for the C&W fans).

DcipzDyh.png

Edited by BrahimHemdani

If I've got my sums right that's 5 red wines, 3 beers and 2 soft drinks, with GS apparently not drinking?

So I'll arrange a bottle of red for the wine drinkers; I'll try to agree pints for those who requested though the original idea was bottles of Bud (see post 48) I don't think it will be an issue. As I said, after the "free" starters it will be whatever you want. The two soft drinks also noted.

This will be a last opportunity for anyone who still wishes to join us to post here; I'm happy to take any more bookings up till midnight tomorrow.

A final reminder that there will be no refunds after tonight unless in exceptional circumstances and no refunds at all after I give the final number to the restaurant which will be noon next Thursday 11 May 2017.

Thanks

I have no problem with a bottle of beer i drink that at home anyway and I have never tasted Bud therefore that is okay by me and my son. Surely they will be tapping beer all day long though or is there a large price difference? I just said a pint as I took it for granted that would be what beer was.

I have no problem with a bottle of beer i drink that at home anyway and I have never tasted Bud therefore that is okay by me and my son. Surely they will be tapping beer all day long though or is there a large price difference? I just said a pint as I took it for granted that would be what beer was.

Their drinks tend to be a bit pricey, Pete, which is why they offered to do Budweiser at a special price for us; and I'm trying to play fair with them and us by including a drink in the £17.50. However, as I said, I don't think it will be a big deal either way. Looks like the majority will be on red wine and only 2 or 3 on beer so it will not be an issue, I'm sure.

With the GBP/EUR as it is right now, you're on a winner anyway; so the drinks should be on you.

With the GBP/EUR as it is right now, you're on a winner anyway; so the drinks should be on you.

:roflmao:

Don't forget I am Scottish.:D

So I'll arrange a bottle of red for the wine drinkers; I'll try to agree pints for those who requested though the original idea was bottles of Bud (see post 48) I don't think it will be an issue. As I said, after the "free" starters it will be whatever you want. The two soft drinks also noted.

If it is an issue I'll buy my own pint.