The Disreputable David Murray back on Scotland’s rich list with £150million fortune

What about the dodgy 'proof of finance' document, that came from his equally dodgy lawyer friend at Collyer Bristol? did that get any mention in the trial?

If it hasn't until now it will.

What about the dodgy 'proof of finance' document, that came from his equally dodgy lawyer friend at Collyer Bristol? did that get any mention in the trial?

IIRC that was briefly mentioned the other day, apparently it was unsigned.

The trial has made for very interesting reading so far. Yesterday the fella Shanks from the bank was made to look rather silly by Findlay and SDM was equally unconvincing last week. Looking forward to hearing from Muir and McGill.

However, please be careful in how you discuss such matters.

The trial has made for very interesting reading so far. Yesterday the fella Shanks from the bank was made to look rather silly by Findlay and SDM was equally unconvincing last week. Looking forward to hearing from Muir and McGill.

However, please be careful in how you discuss such matters.

Is it OK to copy parts that are already on the twitter streams? For example, Andrew Black's tweets yesterday are surely to goodness the last warning for bears banking with BoS/Lloyds to move their accounts:

Andrew Black‏Verified account @BBCAndrewBlack

Mr Findlay says the bank was "chucking Rangers overboard" once the takeover deal was done.

Mr Findlay says Rangers had same bank for years, but the minute the deal was done, the bank "quite brutally" cut the club off.

Long past the time a campaign to withdraw all business from them by Rangers' fans has been clearly needed.

I've never really taken any notice of these cases but this one is interesting on so many levels, and I'll now watch with interest to see what repercussions there are for the various culprits in all of this. If the accusations about Lloyds/HBoS are true, it is a disgrace and they should be penalised. The regulator won't step in as they are really only interested in personal banking and not so much in business/commercial issues, but BDO and Ticketus must be considering an opportunity to make a claim against them. I won't go into the basis for their claims as I'm conscious of breaching the sensible restrictions that Frankie has put on this thread, but suffice to say that they could have a strong case I believe.

There's clearly more to come out of this case, but the behaviour of Lloyds bank deserves much scrutiny. I would imagine they have already begun an internal investigation as should be the norm in such instances.

I've never really taken any notice of these cases but this one is interesting on so many levels, and I'll now watch with interest to see what repercussions there are for the various culprits in all of this. If the accusations about Lloyds/HBoS are true, it is a disgrace and they should be penalised. The regulator won't step in as they are really only interested in personal banking and not so much in business/commercial issues, but BDO and Ticketus must be considering an opportunity to make a claim against them. I won't go into the basis for their claims as I'm conscious of breaching the sensible restrictions that Frankie has put on this thread, but suffice to say that they could have a strong case I believe.

There's clearly more to come out of this case, but the behaviour of Lloyds bank deserves much scrutiny. I would imagine they have already begun an internal investigation as should be the norm in such instances.

I don't see that Lloyds have done anything illegal, unless I've missed something.

We, as Rangers fans, may be disgusted by what they did and their treatment of the club and we can decide whether not move our business away from them, but Lloyds/BoS were entitled to take the action that they did as a commercial company.

Edited by Bluedell

I don't see that Lloyds have done anything illegal, unless I've missed something.

We, as Rangers fans, may be disgusted by what they did and their treatment of the club and we can decide whether not move our business away from them, but Lloyds/BoS were entitled to take the action that they did as a commercial company.

maybe they should have checked where the £18M came from ??

maybe they should have checked where the £18M came from ??

They probably did.

If they did and they were told that the cash was coming from Ticketus, why would that result in them doing something illegal?

They probably did.

If they did and they were told that the cash was coming from Ticketus, why would that result in them doing something illegal?

because it was meant to come from one of Whyte's companies. It was supposed to be Whyte's money.