Partick Thistle 1 - 2 Rangers

Ha ha ha ha!!! Oh man... I was waiting on bus and had a look at my ticket. Wondering why folk looking at me funny!! Pmsl. I'm taking pelters for this.

I will go back home then ha ha ha!!

Try to stay of the sauce with all those students on a Friday night :drink:

It's bad enough that happening but being caught on here, whoops. :D

A quick deletion might have been advised!

Edited by BrahimHemdani

When we played in Pamplona vs Osasuna, IIRC the game was brought forward from the Thursday to the Wednesday night (after most folks had made their travel arrangements) and the KO was about an hour after my plane landed, via London and Madrid. A mad dash to the hotel (fortunately close to the ground) and a quick march to the stadium and I saw the whole match. That then left all day and night free in Pamplona on the Thursday before heading home on the Friday. I don't rememeber it ever happening the other way, though back in 1961 (long before my travelling days I hasten to add!) there was the fog postponed match vs Vorwärts Berlin. "The Rangers-Vorwärts tie scheduled to be played at Ibrox Stadium in Glasgow was finally staged at the Malmö Stadion, Malmö, Sweden, the East German side having again been refused visas to enter Britain. The original match in Malmö was abandoned due to heavy fog (Rangers were winning 1-0) and the match was replayed the following morning."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961%E2%80%9362_European_Cup

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Getting back to the OP, I've started a new thread on those who might be staying and those who might be on their way.

I agree that it would be well worthwhile giving Alnwick a couple of games to see what he's like.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

This is, apparently, a true story.

During the War -the actual War, WW2, that is, Young Team- BBC radio kept morale high among the population by broadcasting live commentaries of football matches, among other things.

One day a match in Edinburgh was cancelled, due to fog. However, no mention was made of the prevailing weather conditions as it was thought that news that Edinburgh was fogbound would have been intelligence of use to the Luftwaffe.

On the other hand, it was recognised that cancellation of the football coverage would have been likely to tip the wink to Herr Goering.

The dilemma was resolved by broadcasting a spoof match, completely improvised by the commentator(s).

Makes one proud to be British.

Rex Kingsley latterly of the Sunday Mail, was the fellow who dreamed it all up. I think they only did the last half hour in those days but stout fellow nonetheless. Chap should have had a gong for that.

Try to stay of the sauce with all those students on a Friday night :drink:

It's bad enough that happening but being caught on here, whoops. :D

A quick deletion might have been advised!

I actually found it quite funny BH. Started pissing (not literally) myself when I realised.

Things are tough enough, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever made an arse of themselves, one way or another? If folk have a giggle, good on them.

Thankfully I hadn't turned up at Firhill ffs ha ha!

Edited by cooponthewing

I actually found it quite funny BH. Started pissing (not literally) myself when I realised.

Things are tough enough, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever made an arse of themselves, one way or another? If folk have a giggle, good on them.

Thankfully I hadn't turned up at Firhill ffs ha ha!

I have left home without my ST more than once and been helped out by those good folks in the TO.

I could tell you numerous stories of guys who had a few too many on the European trips and either didn't make it to the match or slept through it. Never ceases to amaze me that grown men will spend say £500 to travel, then drink so much that they miss the game.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

This is, apparently, a true story.

During the War -the actual War, WW2, that is, Young Team- BBC radio kept morale high among the population by broadcasting live commentaries of football matches, among other things.

One day a match in Edinburgh was cancelled, due to fog. However, no mention was made of the prevailing weather conditions as it was thought that news that Edinburgh was fogbound would have been intelligence of use to the Luftwaffe.

On the other hand, it was recognised that cancellation of the football coverage would have been likely to tip the wink to Herr Goering.

The dilemma was resolved by broadcasting a spoof match, completely improvised by the commentator(s).

Makes one proud to be British.

Just out of interest, was Edinburgh ever targeted by the Luftwaffe?