Not only would that be great news of itself, but it would also encourage similar quality players to come.

With Alves at CB and Kranjcar (hopefully) in CMF, that would be a good start.

I'm wondering if he has anew goalkeeper in mind, which is why he's not bothered to look at Alnwick in a match. That said, Fods has been outstanding, saved us from a thrashing vs Aberdeen.

I know we haven't seen him much but if we could get Rossiter fit then we would start to look like having a proper spine in the team with Alves playing behind Rossiter, who could be Kranjcar's "legs", playing the holding midfield role and allowing Kranjcar to play further forward and be the creator he is.

Just remember what the Barton signing was met with , lets all wait and see how this pans out

There's no way you can compare JB with Alves. JB was an average player who couldn't have dreamed of being an international regular. Alves is the real deal, albeit getting on a bit. He's done it at the very highest level and I can't imagine a single bear that won't be excited at the prospect of him joining. I just hope it's true.

Fair point, Alves is a hot head; but hopefully PC will be better at man management than MW.

Lifted from FF:

jaws73

Five Star Poster

29-07-2006

Too Far From Ibrox

Re: Bruno Alves Deal Agreed In Principle

35 appearances in Serie A this season.

The boy is as fit as a fiddle (never substituted).

A tough cookie no doubt, but with only 1 red and 4 yellows he appears to know the 'limit' (very impressive for the position he plays in the league he operates in).

Stats in here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruno-alves/leistungsdaten/spieler/13121/plus/0?saison=ges

Edited by ian1964

He will stroll this league if he signs, I cant wait.

PC seems to be pouring a bit of scorn on the story by saying “Bruno Alves is a great player. I would like to sign him, Ronaldo and Messi.”