Odds to win 17/18 title

I think next season is about closing the gap by at least 20 points and cruising to second place. Its about beating the rest so we get that and this time 12 months we should be looking at going for the title. Of course anything more would be welcomed.

As for the odds, an each way bet has to be easy money if the bookies are going for 7/2 for a top 2 finish. But I dont think they will offer that.

St Johnstone are probably worth a bet for 3rd place. Have finished 4th 3 years in a row and I can see Aberdeen dropping with the players they are going to lose.

I don't think we should use this past season as the basis for everything, given what an embarrassment we were. 20 points behind Celtic next season is nowhere near good enough. At the same time, we won't challenge them until proper money is spent. Signings of the calibre of Bruno Alves will have us challenging. Signings like Ryan Jack won't.

I suspect a jack will ultimately be a squad player, not a regular starter. To be fair, given our financial position, filling our squad with decent SPFL level players but having a strong first XI is a decent philosophy to have

I don't think we should use this past season as the basis for everything, given what an embarrassment we were. 20 points behind Celtic next season is nowhere near good enough. At the same time, we won't challenge them until proper money is spent. Signings of the calibre of Bruno Alves will have us challenging. Signings like Ryan Jack won't.

We just finished 39 points behind them. I said that at least has to be "closed by" 20 points - by our own doing of winning more games against the rest of the league. Even that makes 19 which would be too big a gap but I dont expect them to go unbeaten again so they wont accumulate the same number of points meaning the gap would reduce further.

Some weird differences between bookies unless it simply reflects the money they have taken on specific teams.

Rangers 9/1 sheep 20/1 on oddschecker while on paddypower sheep 15/2 Rangers 17/2

Some weird differences between bookies unless it simply reflects the money they have taken on specific teams.

Rangers 9/1 sheep 20/1 on oddschecker while on paddypower sheep 15/2 Rangers 17/2

Is 17\2 not almost the same as 9-1? Lets face it they could offer 1000\1 for the sheep and still be safe.

Is 17\2 not almost the same as 9-1? Lets face it they could offer 1000\1 for the sheep and still be safe.

Like the 5000/1 they offered on Leicester. ;)3

Though to be true I still wouldn't bet a penny on the sheep if they were offering a million to one.

• 3 weeks later...

A wee update on this thread;

Most bookies have us between 7/1 - 9/1, with the best being Betfred at 9/1. Timmy are as short as 1/12 with Betfred and around 1/9 elsewhere. Paddypower have the very strange market with Dolly as second favs at 15/2 but everywhere else they are behind us.

It appears the bookies are far from impressed with our market activity as our price has not come in at all, and the tims price has shortened. Interesting, and will keep an eye on this as we get nearer to league kick-off.

For the coming season, we need to essentially forget what Ceptic are doing....we need to concentrate on beating the other teams.

If we can do that, then the title & any points difference will basically come down to the OF games.

Bookies odds are irrelevant.