Odds to win 17/18 title

Currently most bookies are offering timmy at 1/7 and us at 7/1 with Dolly at 11/1.

It will be interesting to see how these prices fluctuate as we get towards the first matches on 5 August. Just like opinion polls for elections, this is of course not an exact science or proof of victory, but a fairly accurate guide as to our chances. We were around 3/1 if I remember correctly to win the title last year before a ball was kicked.

It shows the level of work required to close the gap - I wish I had seen the prices a week ago to see if our signings and speculation over other possible signings has had any small affect on the prices so far.

Worth keeping an eye on over the coming weeks.

Yeah, but to be fair we were so far behind that any shortening of odds would be minimal.

That said, may change as punters put money on

Doesn't matter howmuch money folk put on Rangers Craig.

We are those odds for a very good and understandable reason.

Anyone right now backing Rangers to win the league next season deserves sectioning.

Doesn't matter howmuch money folk put on Rangers Craig.

We are those odds for a very good and understandable reason.

Anyone right now backing Rangers to win the league next season deserves sectioning.

I agree that nobody should be backing us boabie.

However, bookies odds, by nature, are dictated by how much money is placed on each participant. If someone places a massive wager on us you can be assured our odds will tumble, regardless of how pointless the bet would be !

I don't think it's out of the question to win the league. Last season is irrelevant because next season our side will bear only a passing resemblance to last seasons side and the main opposition will not have another season like the one they just had. Ask yourself this. Do you think the team Pedro appears to be building is far superior to all the others outside the main opposition?

I do so if we consistently beat those others it will then come down to the games between them and us and they're not unbeatable. They just barely scraped into the CL courtesy of a last minute penalty miss by Hapoel in Israel when they were being played off the park and that had been preceded by a defeat to the taxi drivers of Gibraltar.

They're nothing like as good as they're being painted to be and we can take them.

I think next season is about closing the gap by at least 20 points and cruising to second place. Its about beating the rest so we get that and this time 12 months we should be looking at going for the title. Of course anything more would be welcomed.

As for the odds, an each way bet has to be easy money if the bookies are going for 7/2 for a top 2 finish. But I dont think they will offer that.

St Johnstone are probably worth a bet for 3rd place. Have finished 4th 3 years in a row and I can see Aberdeen dropping with the players they are going to lose.

Edited by Gribz

It remains very much to be seen how the Yahoo team will look in July. I reckon Dembele will be off to some EPL club, maybe one or to others as well. How that money is being spend is anyone's guess. I do reckon that they will plug some wholes in their finances, as they spent a lot last year and have many on costly contracts. So it is up to Rodgers what he does with his cash. Perhaps now is the time to invest the odd pound here ...