Alan Brazil: IS Pedro Caixinha the right man to rebuild Rangers?

Ive always been a bit confused that brazil so easily forgives celtc for their part in what happened to him but thats his choice.

For what its worth his show on talk sport is great and i like it/him.

Celtic football club are not to blame. individuals at the club are to blame. We cannot say RFC never went bankrupt and then apply different rules for other clubs where Individuals have done the club wrong.

Edited by pete

Brazil has made it public and deserves great credit for that. He has then got on with his life. Is it really up to him to have to revisit it constantly by bringing it up all the time? Does he really have to be defined by a horrific act that he suffered?

I'm not saying that's what you're saying he should do but it seems that every time he's mentioned in a thread on a Rangers forum someone brings it up. I'm just not sure what you're asking for a victim of this type of crime is reasonable to do, although I'll admit I've got no point of reference on it.

I have to agree with this. Pete, I don't recall ever having a problem with anything you've ever written on here, but I was surprised when I read your first post in this thread. Of all the victims Brazil is one of the few who has spoken publicly about it in the past. If he doesn't want to again we should respect that.

Youve just threatened me with a ban for calling you a clown yet you come on making outrageous comments point scoring about child sexual abuse. Stop deluding yourself. You and all the other idiots that rant about sex abuse like they really care, more like petty point scoring over another football team. Go on , ban me, shut me up CLOWN.

Enjoy your ban.

IF you come back I urge you to read the forum rules and post in accordance with the spirit of the forum. If you don't the ban will be permanent.

To get back on point.......

What amuses me is that the media has been, is, full of articles and opinion from half educated pundits and broken down ex players questioning Pedro C, asking

if he is the man to take Rangers forward/rebuild Rangers, while, of course the Man Himself, impressively, so far, gets down to doing it.

Pedro does today what these blethermaisters consider talking about tomorrow, or indeed the day after......

I have to agree with this. Pete, I don't recall ever having a problem with anything you've ever written on here, but I was surprised when I read your first post in this thread. Of all the victims Brazil is one of the few who has spoken publicly about it in the past. If he doesn't want to again we should respect that.

The problem with peodophilia is that everyone wants to hush it up. Lets not talk about it and it will go away. No! It does not go away it moves on to the next victim. I am not against CFC in this case I am against the cunts that covered it up and let others be abused. If it was known to have happened at Ibrox then get it out in the open.

Alan Brazil: Aberdeen’s clear-out could hand second place next season to Rangers.

IS Pedro Caixinha the right man to rebuild Rangers?

I won’t lie – I don’t think he is.

Seven days ago, in this very column, I told Gers fans to forget about overhauling Celtic next season.I said they’d be doing well to catch Aberdeen.

That should still be their objective as far as I’m concerned.

But events in the past week have made me think reeling in the Dons is a task that Rangers can accomplish.

It’s not so much the players that have signed up at Ibrox, though Ryan Jack is part of the reason for my change of heart.

It’s more the fact that Aberdeen are shedding stars at an alarming rate.

The out-of-contract Niall McGinn has been the headliner up to now, with Gers capture Jack coming in a close second.

Despite his near ever-present status at the back, Ash Taylor’s departure has been shrugged off, along with that of Peter Pawlett.

But if star man Jonny Hayes is snapped up by Celtic, there will be no hiding from the scale of the rebuilding job required at Pittodrie.

Then there’s Derek McInnes.

Del has done an absolutely magnificent job since parking his backside in the Aberdeen hot-seat four years ago.

That’s why he’s on Sunderland’s radar.

But if he leaves this summer on top of the players already lost – or about to be – the Dons will be very badly damaged.

I’m not saying the situation would be irreparable – but it would transform a finely-tuned machine into a fixer-upper.

That’s a real shame.

It’s also symptomatic of Scottish football’s biggest problem – a lack of cash.

Aberdeen have become Celtic’s closest challengers over the last few seasons, and they’ve done it through sheer hard work.

In an ideal world, this summer would be spent building a team even better equipped to take on the Bhoys.

The Dons should be keeping their best players, adding more quality, steeling themselves for European progress, a shot at cup glory, and maybe even a title tilt.

Instead, they are in danger of being dismantled.

You can’t blame guys like McGinn and Hayes for wanting to move on.

At their age – 29 in both cases – this could be their last shot at picking up a big contract.

You can’t blame Derek McInnes for considering Sunderland, either.

Yes, they’ve been relegated into the Championship, but they claimed almost £100-million in prize money at the same time.

McInnes would double his own money – at least – whilst fronting a club with ambitions to bounce straight back to the Premier League.

It’s a step up the ladder for a guy who has probably climbed as high as he can with Aberdeen.

If I were an Aberdeen fan, I’d be gutted at the prospect of my team having its bones picked clean this summer.

Should it go that way, I reckon Rangers will be able to target second place with confidence.

But they still won’t be anywhere near Celtic – and that should be the real measure of progress at Ibrox.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/dons-clear-out-could-hand-second-to-gers/

Not sure we won't be anywhere near Celtic, Aberdeen are breaking up, this happens to teams after a few years of relative success and solidity, especially teams like Aberdeen who have consistently been 2nd, we should definitely be 2nd.

As far as I can see in his first opportunity to do so Pedro is doing everything possible within reason to massively improve the squad. What else can be asked of him at this early stage? What annoys me about crap like this is that a year from now is the time to ask such questions not 5 minutes after he comes through the door and has had no chance to have any effect.

Looking forward I would be more than surprised if we aren't blowing the average SPL side out of the water with this squad so it then comes down to the matches against them. All this crap about getting nowhere near them is complete drivel. Beat the rest and even if they do the same there are only another 12 points between us and them to be contested.

Pedro appears to have focused first on bolting the back door closed and as we all know that alone cost us a heap of points last season.