Derek McInnes to join Sunderland?

I'm also beginning to detect just a shade of reality creeping into sheep minds on their forums. Some beginning to concede that the 'duopoly' as they call it appears to be in the process of being re-established and that in the future their best hopes are going to be a third place finish and maybe a cup. And suddenly McInnes isn't so shite as they proclaimed him to be all season. Suddenly he is going to be hard to replace.

As for their dreams of third place finishes and cup wins I would estimate either of those things could be a very tall order indeed for them in the coming season. I have an inkling they may have a battle on their hands to be top 4 far less third. They're going to be in a battle royal with the hubz and heartz plus St Johnstone just to be in the top 5.

Especially getting 30 million for their keeper as I just posted on the other thread.

McInnes was always going to leave, he has to. He has taken Aberdeen as far as he could and with their squad being sold he would have a huge job rebuilding that.

Good luck to him if he goes. Very difficult job as they have been through a lot of managers in recent years.

Do they not get a 98mill parachute payout? I am sure I read that somewhere.

Massive new domestic and overseas Premier League broadcast deals kicked in from the start of this season and the scheduled parachute payments are now worth a minimum £85m.

A new formula has been worked out based on a percentage of the £93m minimum payment that the side who finishes 20th receives.

Yes they will get masses. Plus just got 98 million from the Premier League. But how much will McInnes get for players?

Sunderland, don't forget, is massively in debt, so a lot of the "TV money" may go to that, as part of a sprucing up programme, with a view to a sale.

The squad is full of ageing players, on the cusp of has-been status, and others who are, simply, not good enough.

Any player worth a damn may be pursued by other sides.

A full redd out and rebuild is required.

When McInnes left St Johnstone to take control of Bristol City, he returned to Scotland for 7-8 players. After initially saving City from relegation, his second season saw him unable to save Bristol from the mire. The fans blamed his signings, not up to the mark being the perceived wisdom. Will Derek return to Aberdeen for any signings, possibly McLean or Hayes?

When McInnes left St Johnstone to take control of Bristol City, he returned to Scotland for 7-8 players. After initially saving City from relegation, his second season saw him unable to save Bristol from the mire. The fans blamed his signings, not up to the mark being the perceived wisdom. Will Derek return to Aberdeen for any signings, possibly McLean or Hayes?

The sheep forums are saying there will be a clause in his departure stipulating he can't come back to raid their team for 12 months afterwards. One I suspect they're pulling that out of their arse and two I doubt it's even feasible to bind a club to a document saying they can't buy players from a specific other. Plus their board would take money from anybody making a good offer.

The Times is saying that the bank were insisting that they generate £20m from player sales so it could be that McInnes won't see any of the Pickford transfer fee.