Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn - Failure is not an option

Happy Rangers Back in Europe Day!

I think 3 of the new starters are certs: Cardoso, Jack, Dalcio. I'm going for Morelos as the 4th.

Looks like it's big rain jackets at the ready tonight! At least we'll all have our new tops on underneath haha.

After years of an enforced exile, we are back where we belong. The European stage is set, the orchestra in place, now it is up to us to show that we can play there.

The chaps from Luxembourg's Niederkorn are the first who can find out whether they can swim in the Blue Sea of Ibrox ...

[video=youtube;h-rDZqFNPIQ]

As PC said in his interview, only 4 of the new players will start this game. For that reason I think Frankie's initial line up might be quite accurate. At least we have a few options to change the game now, which is something we have been lacking previously.

That may change though.....

I can understand PC not wanting to field EVERY new player immediately, who he plays will be interesting though....

FORMER Hearts star Ismael Bouzid has warned his former team mates from Luxembourg that playing at Ibrox makes you feel IMPOTENT.

Rangers make their European return tonight after a six-year absence against minnows Progres Niederkorn.

Bouzid – who once had a trial at Rangers in 2014 – spent three years at Progres before leaving this week to sign for rivals Swift Hesperange.

And he’s warned his ex-colleagues to expect a cauldron of noise tonight.

He said: “The volume goes up every time Rangers attack and if they score it becomes very complicated for you indeed.

“It reminds me of Fenerbahce. You are stressed out and there are some that cannot handle the atmosphere.

“When the Rangers fans start singing and they are on top, it feels like you are impotent!

“Ibrox is a mythical ground. It has a brick facade and you don’t even think there is a stadium inside.

“The dressing rooms are not that big or luxurious and are made entirely of wood, but that’s part of the charm. The pitch is so lush, you could sleep on it.

“And then there is that incredible atmosphere. When I played there I told my team mates to enjoy it and I would say the same to the Progres players.

“The stadium was full whether they played Manchester United in the Champions League or in the Scottish fourth division.

“The atmosphere motivated me so I loved it, but players are all different and some are terrorised by it and freeze.

“For Progres, we have to be realistic. They didn’t really deal with the atmosphere at Shamrock Rovers and Ibrox is incomparable.”

That may change though.....

I can understand PC not wanting to field EVERY new player immediately, who he plays will be interesting though....

He also stated 4 players would start before Candeias was added to the squad so that may change, however, I think if the chosen players have been aware they are playing since Monday, there is obviously a plan in place which i doubt he will want to change this close to the game.

Edited by lenny3k

I for one would favor a 4-4-2 with 2 central strikers, plus a strong attack-minded midfield ...

Foderingham

Tavernier - Bates - Cardoso - Wallace

Candeias - Jack - Kranjcar - Dalcio

Waghorn/Morelos - Herrera

... with Jack covering the two CHs once we have the ball, while Tav and Wallace could advance into the midfield.

I don't think Candeias can play, despite being added to the squad. Can anyone confirm?

Really looking forward to the game; I'm counting down the minutes!

If he is in the squad he can play surely?, otherwise what is the point in getting him added so late?, I'm guessing!