Rangers v Progrès Niederkorn - Failure is not an option

I hope not, I dont see goals in that side. If last season showed us anything it is that Waghorn and Miller dont score enough goals. Why buy two CF if you are going to play last years failures in front of them?

2 holding midfielders? Thats overkill in this game scenario!

I like Holt but I dont see us paying £2M+ for Pena and playing Holt in front of him.

I totally agree with Tb, his team selection should be starting the game, I would love to see it. I also agree with Frankie that it'll be his team which will start.

That's why I've picked KM for fgs in the GPL.

I don't know how to insert tweets...so I've c&p it...

SQUAD: #RangersFC has added Daniel Candeias to the @EuropaLeague squad for tomorrow night's match against Progres Niederkorn.

Good!, I liked the look of him when he came on late in the bounce game against St Johnstone, looked quick and tries to deliver early quality crosses into the box

I wouldn't even try to guess the starting XI, Pedro is a man of surprises so may well play 6 new signings or could play 2. A lot comes down to who most ready fitness wise but we should cruise through the first 2 games so its 180 minutes to get competitive action for those who are behind.

Id like to see Rossiter in ahead of Holt like Tannoch Bear said but I do worry about his injuries. Might be a risk playing him and Kranjcar in the first game.

I think Frankies side may be nearer the selections PC picks with Jack a starter - but even though Ive got Miller down for FGS Id personally like to see:

Foderingham

Tavernier Cardoso Bates Wallace

Rossiter Kranjcar

Candeias Pena Dalcio

Herrera

Edited by Gribz

Nied a miracle Luxembourg’s record cap holder Jeff Strasser fears for Progres Niederkorn against Rangers at Ibrox – because even his Kaiserslautern side lost there

Strasser*is now boss of Fola Esch, who hammered Gers’ opponents Progres Niederkorn 5-1 in a friendly last week

JEFF STRASSER fears for his countrymen at Ibrox tonight — because even his Kaiserslautern side lost there.

Luxembourg’s record cap holder is now boss of Fola Esch, who hammered Gers’ opponents Progres Niederkorn 5-1 in a friendly last week.

Strasser was coach of Fola when they beat Aberdeen in last season’s Europa League.

But the atmosphere of a packed Ibrox tomorrow will make it difficult for Niederkorn to pull off a shock result.

Strasser played both legs for Kaiserslautern when they recovered from a 1-0 Ibrox loss to KO Dick Advocaat’s Gers in the Uefa Cup of 2000.

He said: “This will be a real challenge for Niederkorn. “They aren’t a team who play regularly on the European scene — and when they do they face teams from smaller countries.

“This is Rangers’ first European tie in six years and the stadium will be full.

“I played at Ibrox for Kaiserslautern and Rangers beat us 1-0.“It can be a testing place — that was a good Kaiserslautern side which reached the semi-finals of the Uefa Cup that season.“How Niederkorn deal with the mental test will decide how this tie goes.

“Niederkorn played a 3-5-2 system against us, which they hadn’t used before, and it wasn’t very successful.”Boss Paolo Amodio insists his part-timers are not in Glasgow simply for a holiday.

He said: “We won’t be intimidated and anything can happen in a one-off game.“We aim to disrupt them as much as possible. We are not here to be tourists.”

As PC said in his interview, only 4 of the new players will start this game. For that reason I think Frankie's initial line up might be quite accurate. At least we have a few options to change the game now, which is something we have been lacking previously.