BDO lose BTC appeal

I genuinely wonder if today's verdict was the one Liewell DIDN'T want.

Had BDO/us(!) won then he could have passed it off as favouritism from the 'establishment' towards us. And there could have been no prospect therefore of title-stripping, trophies removed etc,

Now though the slabbering, Rangers-hating hordes are restless and are demanding all sorts of actions which are totally undeliverable. What they overlook, as has been pointed out today more than once, is that HMRC never called these EBT schemes tax evasion, which is illegal.

I suspect that was the thinking behind the SFA's carefully worded statement this afternoon.

Now though will the hordes now turn on Liewell, Dumbaster and all the rest of our detractors ? Leading these people to believe removing of titles & trophies was a feasible outcome may come back to haunt them with a vengeance.

maybe the tide has turned today, the day after our worst ever result for two reason: firstly we are rid off SDM and secondly are we about to witness an implosion as the hordes begin to realise they've been conned ?

Edited by RANGERRAB

The overriding belief is that the use of EBTs gave us an unfair advantage over other team....no one cares if the y were evasion or avoidance. Non of them care that RFC still had to she'll out millions to put into the EBTs. None of them care about the millions that were paid in wages & tax....

They (Ceptic) will do everything in their power to get titles stripped, even though they were beaten fair & square on the park.

I genuinely wonder if today's verdict was the one Liewell DIDN'T want.

Had BDO/us(!) won then he could have passed it off as favouritism from the 'establishment' towards us. And there could have been no prospect therefore of title-stripping, trophies removed etc,

Now though the slabbering, Rangers-hating hordes are restless and are demanding all sorts of actions which are totally undeliverable. What they overlook, as has been pointed out today more than once, is that HMRC never called these EBT schemes tax evasion, which is illegal.

I suspect that was the thinking behind the SFA's carefully worded statement this afternoon.

Now though will the hordes now turn on Liewell, Dumbaster and all the rest of our detractors ? Leading these people to believe removing of titles & trophies was a feasible outcome may come back to haunt them with a vengeance.

maybe the tide has turned today, the day after our worst ever result for two reason: firstly we are rid off SDM and secondly are we about to witness an implosion as the hordes begin to realise they've been conned ?

I think that this is very true and that already will have turned on those you mention. That nutter Alex T. from C4 was havering about Dungcaster and Regan having to be replaced. He's so thick that he doesn't realise that's the last thing that Liewwell wants and that we'd be delighted. He actually believes they are letting us get away with illegalities. Incidentally he repeatedly has called what we did "illegal" today - is that not libellous? We should go after him and C4 if it was done via one of their platforms.

Edited by SteveC

The overriding belief is that the use of EBTs gave us an unfair advantage over other team....no one cares if the y were evasion or avoidance. Non of them care that RFC still had to she'll out millions to put into the EBTs. None of them care about the millions that were paid in wages & tax....

They (Ceptic) will do everything in their power to get titles stripped, even though they were beaten fair & square on the park.

That's also true and we'll never hear the end of it.

I think that this is very true and that already will have turned on those you mention. That nutter Alex T. from C4 was havering about Dungcaster and Regan having to be replaced. He's so thick that he doesn't realise that's the last thing that Liewwell wants and that we'd be delighted. He actually believes they are letting us get away with illegalities. Incidentally he repeatedly has called what we did "illegal" today - is that not libellous? We should go after him and C4 if it was done via one of their platforms.

For the first time in my life, I actually wrote an email of comllaint about his tweets.

To be illegal they'd need to be tax evasion & HMRC have never called EBT's tax evasion.

What will be interesting now is to see if BDO pursue anyone over this.