BDO lose BTC appeal

There is limited scope for any sanctions, as the SPFL said they would look into it, as opposed to the SFA who issued a statement that no action can be taken from them my only concern is that the 'limited sanction' could mean the SPFL may dock us points for next season? that would screw us or can it only be the oldco that can be fined and the newco can't be affected?

Surely they couldn't do this.

Edited by scotjo

Would the 5-way agreement not protect against such ?

Either way, their own rule book wouldn't allow them to dock points, that is only for an administration event

FGS, wait until the enemy makes their first move then react accordingly. The paranoia is in overdrive here.

The paranoia is literally crazy. I'm actually glad to be overseas during this as I really do think it will get ugly.

FGS, wait until the enemy makes their first move then react accordingly. The paranoia is in overdrive here.

The paranoia is literally crazy. I'm actually glad to be overseas during this as I really do think it will get ugly.

Would the 5-way agreement not protect against such ?

Either way, their own rule book wouldn't allow them to dock points, that is only for an administration event

That's right enough, Thanks I was getting carried away, reckon we're in the clear.

The likes of Liewell and others have misled deluded individuals to believe if we lost the BTC then titles & trophies would be removed from us.

But they knew that removal of honours wasn't going to happen and were probably privately hoping we'd win the BTC and they'd use that excuse for not doing so.

Now though they have a problem on their hands. A very big problem indeed. The slabbering, Rangers-hating hordes are on the march and are very irate. They're demanding the removal of titles & trophies as promised.

Yesterday's SFA statement is very clear as to what actions will now be taken -NONE.

This isn't going to end well. Sit back and let's enjoy the implosion.

Edited by RANGERRAB

The likes of Liewell and others have misled deluded individuals to believe if we lost the BTC then titles & trophies would be removed from us.

But they knew that removal of honours wasn't going to happen and were probably privately hoping we'd win the BTC and they'd use that excuse for not doing so.

Now though they have a problem on their hands. A very big problem indeed. The slabbering, Rangers-hating hordes are on the march and are very irate. They're demanding the removal of titles & trophies as promised.

Yesterday's SFA statement is very clear as to what actions will now be taken -NONE.

This isn't going to end well. Sit back and let's enjoy the implosion.

Or rather it IS going to end well. Lol.

I agree with RANGERSRAB that certain people have played to the stands and stoked up the hatred to us. The problem is that while the SFA say nothing will be done, how will these certain people now react? How will they save face? I can't see that they will simply say "the SFA have spoken. Our hands are tied. Let's move on". The danger is that the clamour will build and the SFA will "review" their decision. Seems like Scottish football have some "interesting times" ahead.

I would love to see the SPFL's plan for title stripping....

You simply can't just change the record books to say that Ceptic won the league in season xx/yy. There's knock on effects.

In the seasons that they perceive us to have gained an unfair advantage, that advantaged applied to ALL games, therefore, points awarded throughout the season would need to be re-adjusted. The end result being that the entire league could look different, What if Rangers beat the team that was ultimately relegated, but with a re-distribution of points turns out that they would have stayed up - who's gonna calculate the difference in earnings for that team.

Giving Titles to Ceptic has MANY, MANY more ramifications than scoring out a name in the record books.

On the plus side, if the SFA have said there's no further actions.....and Scottish Cups won during the period are safe.

Also, who was running the league at the time in questions??? The SFL are no longer in existence!!!!