Club 1872 Statement on ‘Big Tax Case’ Verdict

If you are going to make a statement then at least get the facts right. This has been said a thousand times that the verdict was that they were legal. Have they had their heads stuck up their asses or are they just so thick.

Both pete....

Excellent statement, the best I have read in recent history. Almost Churchillian.

Better than Dave King's statement imo, which was a bit rambling. This is cutting and contains no empty threats. Just promises!

Really excellent statement , whether its enough to get the haters to wind their necks in we will see what
It won't wind in the supporters they only smell the fumes of blood and are frothing at the mouth. It will hopefully make the SPFL ask themselves if they want to blow up Scottish football,

As I said earlier in the thread, I don't believe there will be any appetite for this.

Agree, i think most probably don't care and want to get on with preparing for the new season.

That's reflected in the (lack of) response.

Yeah, Rangers hating in Scotland has bombed since we were thrown almost to our death in 2012.

Get a grip ffs!

Yeah, Rangers hating in Scotland has bombed since we were thrown almost to our death in 2012.

Get a grip ffs!

While not entirely. I would say any agendas against Rangers comes from Celtic or Celtic minded people. There are a few from other teams. But most other fans I know don't care.

As I said earlier in the thread, I don't believe there will be any appetite for this.

there is n the media though. I read Chris isn't letting it lie there but is pushing for answers to "what if" scenarios...."What if more the others decided to back it, would you then...." etc etc.

Doesn't matter what they think.

Anyone in any doubt should read or listen to what Lord Hodge said on Wednesday.

Quite clear to me what their chances would be of removing our trophies won. A big fat NIL

Lord Hodge did not help or clarify matters at all by stating we had broken sfa rules,a totally specious comment imo,I understood it was oldco/BDO v the AG, nothing whatsoever to do with the sfa.

there is n the media though. I read Chris isn't letting it lie there but is pushing for answers to "what if" scenarios...."What if more the others decided to back it, would you then...." etc etc.

One incentive for the other clubs not to get involved is the threat of us boycotting their stadiums. That would kill them off. They nearly were killed off without us, and they don't want to risk that again. Most of them however know that there's no prospect of it happening anyway so they might as well keep quiet.

One incentive for the other clubs not to get involved is the threat of us boycotting their stadiums. That would kill them off. They nearly were killed off without us, and they don't want to risk that again. Most of them however know that there's no prospect of it happening anyway so they might as well keep quiet.

How much would a boycott actually cost them per season? Hearts and the scum could fill their grounds for games against us, I'd imagine. And hibs and Aberdeen would see enlarged home support as a GIRUY to us (at least the first time). Hearts and Hibs have gone through a few seasons not being in the same league. I'd imagine them both being in the top flight would mitigate somewhat for our boycott. In other grounds we have small allocations, sometimes just a few thousand. What percentage of their annual income would actually be affected by us not being there? They'd still get TV revenue from our games against them and that's presumably worth a lot (relatively speaking.)

That's all presuming a boycott would work, a view history does not support.

If it was successful and long running then they'd also benefit from a cut in police costs.

Edited by SteveC