Rangers v St Johnstone friendly - 3pm today

We seem to be struggling to score goals & that has got to be a worry. That was our biggest failing last season & if it hasn't been sorted with the signings close season then that is very bad news indeed.

And the signs didn't look good against Progres Niederkorn either did they ? Scoring one goal in 2 games against the fourth best team in luxembourg simply isn't good enough although starting with Miller & Waghorn up front in the first leg wasn't the wisest decision Caixinha will ever make.

If this lack of goals continues I wonder if we'll see a move for Naismith before the end of next month(providing some of MW's duds get shipped out) where he'll maybe partner Morales up front with Walker wide. Who knows

Don't want to panic too much - st Johnstone actually are a decent team by Spfl standards. Any Rangers team could get beat 1-0 by st. Johnstone.

However, the worry is we aren't scoring goals or creating chances again and it shows it was a mistake to sell Barrie McKay as we don't have a decent winger to replace him. I still think Caixinha is signing better players than Warburton did, but we are still a few short. To sum up, if PC survived the 2 worst results in our history then I doubt he is getting sacked for a narrow defeat in a training ground exercise..

Just so I understand is it the fans who are to blame for the result today? Well let me me be the first to apologise, I just hadn't realised my scepticism towards our manager would so affect our ability to defend and attack. My bad.

PEDRO CAIXINHA insists the goals will come for Rangers after the Light Blues drew a blank against St Johnstone at the Rangers Training Centre this afternoon.

In the Gers latest training game, a number of chances were squandered in front of goal by the Light Blues before St Johnstone netted a late winner from almost their only opportunity of the game through Callum Hendry.

Caixinha was pleased though with Gers build-up play to create their openings, and believes there to be nothing to be worried about.

He told RangersTV.tv: “The boys are getting the message and getting the idea. We are creating a lot of scoring chances and we know the goals are going to appear at the right moment.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/goals-will-come-2/

There is nothing to be shocked or alarmed about – if the team was not producing or the team was not playing or giving the philosophy we want from them, then I would be worried.

It is okay guy's we have got the philosophy there is nothing to worry about. This is Pedro's "we will analyse it learn and then move on."

Just so I understand is it the fans who are to blame for the result today? Well let me me be the first to apologise, I just hadn't realised my scepticism towards our manager would so affect our ability to defend and attack. My bad.

Well said dude. Where is the slightest glimpse of improvement? Why do we continue to stumble from one abject performance to another - friendly or not?

We're paying another clown good money to embarrass us - why?

The penny really needs to drop.

We seem to be struggling to score goals & that has got to be a worry. That was our biggest failing last season & if it hasn't been sorted with the signings close season then that is very bad news indeed.

Indeed it is and the signs so far do little to allay those fears.

Edited by forlanssister

Anyone heard about a team meeting being called after PC and Miller falling out?

Heard through a third person so take with a pinch of salt for now though I do personally believe it's highly possible if not even likely.

There is no smoke without fire. The guy's on FF saying there were problems today all have had good information in the past. One of the ITK guy's who said it was rubbish last week has now changed his story and says his contact is now also now also saying that there was a bust-up with Miller.

All are agreeing about the affair today did take place.