SPFL - No Further Action Re: EBTs

My reading of the SPFL statement is that they are opening up a review into their overall governance so perhaps we should be ensuring that we 'insist' on certain things being included in the scope of that review. Perhaps our supporters' group, Club 1872, could meet with Doncaster about our concerns about the scope.

Something tells me that this is going to open a can of worms that other clubs may not enjoy.

I would like to think so but I can't see any appetite to open that can of worms or look under that carpet. There are too many people in places of power making sure that doesn't happen.

Phantom on twitter set up an account 'Rangers Tax Case', asked for donations for Stripping the Titles. Finally revealed himself. :laugh::laugh:

People suggesting my crowdfunder which raised over 2k is not legit as I'm a Rangers fan. I thought this was about all clubs? #StripTheTitles

I saw mention of the SFSA somewhere. Not sure whether it was here or sent on to me by a mate. For anyone in any doubt what this lot are about, here's their latest outpouring ---

" Time To Unite Around One Banner

On Wednesday what we all suspected would happen, happened. Although we fans knew it was coming it did not lower the frustration we feel. The clubs via the SPFL decided to brush the biggest sporting scandal to hit UK sport under the carpet.

The days of fans being taken for mugs ends now !

It is time for all groups of supporters and individuals to rally around one organisation. After many meetings and conversations with fan groups we have decided that there is only one viable long-term option.

The Scottish Football Supporters Association have the organisation and resources to bring real change to every level of our game.

The SFSA are an independent fans organisation. They already represent over 68,000 Scottish football supporters who have joined. Many of the members are players, managers (current and former), and even referees.

They have a strong board in place and have access to legal professionals along with experts on greater fan involvement from across Europe. We have had extensive talks with their representatives and are wholeheartedly convinced that they not only share our goals but are ultimately the best body to bring about lasting and positive change to how our game is governed and evolves in the future.

The SFSA have a wide manifesto, they are not a single issue group like Strip The Titles. What happened during the Dos/EBT years must be addressed and fans must be satisfied and confident that it can’t be repeated. However we believe the best way to address that issue is by tackling the most important governance issues first.

On Monday we held a meeting to plan the way forward for Strip The Titles. We have a company on stand by to print large and small banners. We also have plans in place to have 100,000 leaflets printed at short notice and decided to open a discussion forum to allow debate and take instructions from our members on various types of action.

We are confident that we can get these titles stripped by the end of this season. The main problem for us was that when the titles were stripped from RCF(IL) the same people would still be in charge of the SFA, SPFL, and the clubs. That is not good enough therefore we have come to the following decision.

“Strip The Titles” campaign will be mothballed after today but can be restarted with current plans ready to be put into action if the need arises. At present we don’t anticipate having to restart.

We thank all of you for your support. In three weeks we have shown that fans from all clubs are ready and willing to work together for the common good. This should be celebrated, we were never a ‘mob’ or ‘online fundamentalists’, we are honest supporters who want our game back.

We ask three things from you all:

That you all follow and engage with @scottishfsa on Twitter and Facebook.

If you have not already done so please join SFSA .

Please take time to fill in the survey.

We appreciate that some of you will be disappointed but unity at this time will be better for our game in the long run and that is the most important thing. Look out for your chance to fund a Judicial Review coming shortly.

Thank you all, together we can do this. "

THE SCOTTISH FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION - except if you support Rangers.

It's time to come together like never before. That is bordering on and could be described as social exclusion and marginalisation of a social group.

I'm sure we all know the seriousness of such matters and are lawyers all over this? Will it take a Rangers fan or fans to be murdered before this poison ends?

It tells you all you need to know about this bigoted, nationalist and sectarian backwater that this rhetoric is tolerated.

Phantom on twitter set up an account 'Rangers Tax Case', asked for donations for Stripping the Titles. Finally revealed himself. :laugh::laugh:

People suggesting my crowdfunder which raised over 2k is not legit as I'm a Rangers fan. I thought this was about all clubs? #StripTheTitles

Phantom Fundraiser‏ @Phantomco5088 2h2 hours ago

More

Phantom Fundraiser Retweeted

Only £30 raised so far, I called the QC to tell him we'd raised that much and he charged me £50 for the call

https://twitter.com/RangerTaxCase/status/890520880694087680

:rfcbouncy:

I hope no one is naive enough to think our titles are safe yet. Personally, I fully expect the SPFL / SFA to open the door to a new and ultimately unfavourable review.

I hope no one is naive enough to think our titles are safe yet. Personally, I fully expect the SPFL / SFA to open the door to a new and ultimately unfavourable review.

I appreciate your concern, but our titles are safe and always have been. It just took this long to go through the charade. The hating will continue but it's a waste of their energy.

Doncaster's words yesterday were of a man desperate for someone to find an angle to punish us despite the apparently thorough work of Gerry Moynihan Q.C.

I don't expect the clamour to die down any time soon but I struggle to see how an alternative strategy can be found given there's no way whatsoever the likes of Rod McKenzie and others would have left any rabbit hole unexplored.