Gersnet's expectations of season 2017/18

Since the EL disaster I think PC has added a couple of decent signings in Dorrans & Alves. My view is he still needs a couple more & we need more goals from our frontmen. Do that & we'll challenge for the title.

Am I alone in thinking there's been some strange statements from Rodgers of late ?

Realistically a comfortable second. We have to start seeing off the run of mill clubs in the league. 3rd placed team shouldnt be close to us.

We have to compete in the OF games this season home and away and be winning at Ibrox.

The footballing side HAS to show progress (I dont like that word now) and improvements are being made.

I always thought It would take 2-3 seasons to realistically win the title again so its all about getting closer. Celtic's gap was because they would win games against the Hamiltons and Particks consistently so we have to cut out dropping points against certain teams.

The secret to success this year is consistency. We've seen it in the past that when Celtic were stuttering, the likes of Aberdeen failed because they were not consistent. A good start to the season - anything is possible.

We've got 6 games before we meet Celtic, so by then we'll know if we are in with a shout. If we're within 3 points of top spot when we meet them, I fancy us for to be league winners. I also think we will be cup finalists.

I always go into the season believing Rangers will win the title, doesn't always work out that way obviously.

So I'm not thinking of anything else other than winning the league, maybe after a few games I'll think differently, as things stand right now it's Rangers for 55 this season.

Expect to come on at Xmas time still having that belief.

This worries me as I’m working on Sunday and Wednesday when we play and also out of commission for the next 3 Saturday afternoons (starting next weekend), next Sunday and various August evenings. Yikes, if we don't start (domestically) well, our season could be over before I see a game.

The secret to success this year is consistency. We've seen it in the past that when Celtic were stuttering, the likes of Aberdeen failed because they were not consistent. A good start to the season - anything is possible.

We've got 6 games before we meet Celtic, so by then we'll know if we are in with a shout. If we're within 3 points of top spot when we meet them, I fancy us for to be league winners. I also think we will be cup finalists.

I feel that we need full points before meeting them. Do that then grab a win at Ibrox and it's on. And it's doable since we have what might be viewed as the most tricky ones at home before meeeting them. Cardoso is right about tomorrows game. It's massively important and we need not just a win but a crushing performance to get this show on the road fast.

As has been said I also never go into a season without thinking/hoping we will win the title, plus never back against us. Having said that we have played two meaningful games against piss poor opposition, won one and lost one and failed to go further in the tournament. Motherwell game is more important than any friendly, we have to get a victory tomorrow to get our season off and running. Anything else and the questions return about the manager.

Every season since our last title win we have finished poorer than we started. It was a feature of McCoist's entire spell in charge and Warburton followed suit. In my opinion we'll win nothing until we can learn to gather and maintain momentum throughout the season. That takes capable leadership on and off the park and time alone will tell if we have that now.

I expect us to:

- exhibit a style of football we can identify with on a weekly basis. The tactics might be slightly different and the formations, etc, but essentially I expect us to have a style that's ours.

- place second in the league.

- beat the lower half of the league in most, if not all, games we play them.

- show that we've closed the gap on Celtic when we play them.

- unite as a support behind everyone at the club.

- put the DR out of business.

- acquire at least 10 apologies from the BBC Scotland team over the course of the season.

- sell at least two of our players for big money next season due to a storming performance in the league.

- grow our shareholding in the club via Club 1872.

- Put the DR out of business (did I mention this one already?)

- Improve the quality of the catering, because some of those pies are just awful, and the soft drinks are just so watered down too.

- give the younger players a chance in games, especially when we are 3-0 up at half time.

I think that's going to constitute a successful season for me. Not much to ask for really!?!