Gersnet's expectations of season 2017/18

Of course I'd like to win it and finally complete the journey. However perm any one position from the top three would do me provided we were able to show a decent improvement on last years points tally. If we win at least 80-90% of our matches then I'd settle for that this year.

All things being equal a comfortable minimum second place finish would appear to be almost guaranteed given the usual contenders for that spot haven't just stood still I believe they have taken a step back while we have considerably strengthened.

One of our greatest problems last season and which lost us a heap of points was a malfunctioning defence which appears to have been repaired and we even have some world class in there now in the shape of the great wall of Alves.

The midfield which was another major let down has also been overhauled with Jack looking like a steal and Dorrans adding some real quality. The pace of Candeias will very likely also be a major thorn in the side for many and that's still not even mentioning a rejuvenated Kranjcar.

The remaining big puzzle is how the strikers will fare but I expect them to begin to click soon enough and Morelos may even be a sensation once he finds his feet. And on top of that I expect regular goals coming from the midfield to add to the haul.

Regarding making up a 30+ point gap I don't really see that as being as big an issue as it may sound. The bulk of those 30+ points were lost not to the unmentionables but to the rest who we should now be disposing of comfortably.

Edited by JFK-1

To be absolutely honest, having seen nothing of this team in a competitive context, this season could be anything from an unexpected success to an unmitigated disaster. There's really no point in pretending to be clairvoyant, better to judge when there's something to base opinion on.

1st & foremost....I expect a considerably higher degree of consistency throughout the team. Also, a notable decrease in defensive mistakes (probably the most consistent thing last year).

I think cutting out those silly defensive errors that lead to goals, will significantly increase our points haul & keep us closer to them. We dropped FAR too many points due to simple, basic errors. When you look at last season table, we lost 9 games to Aberdeens 10. However, we drew 10 to their 4 - that's where 2nd place was won/lost. I'm sure if you were to analyse those draws, you'd find that a high number of opposition goals could probably have been avoided.

As always, good runs in the cups, with a win would be very nice.

European qualification place.

Taking points off them in OF matches - wins would be a bonus, but even a couple of draws & close matches would suffice.

12/1 with bet365.. I've lumped on.. I will never say or admit I think the manks will win the league and This year I will put my money where my mouth is.

Good price which will quickly drop when we go on a run starting on Sunday.

While saying I hope we do well I keep it in the back of my mind that we have a manager who has no record to speak of and who has done nothing since arriving at Ibrox.

On paper we've a better squad than we had last year but again, they've done nothing yet. I don't count friendlies.

There isn't a hope in hell we'll win the league this year. More investment may change it for next season. I'll be content at second and look forward to a proper challenge in the future.

The manks aren't a great team but truth be told, despite us maybe causing the odd shock, they are too strong for us right now.

I stand to be proven wrong and sincerely hope I am.