Rangers 0 - 0 Hearts

Highlights courtesy of Russian Rangers (scroll down)

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=2192

Can't blame the players nor the manager for not trying. On another day, we might have scored 3 or 4 (Miller 2, Alves, Morelos, Hardie), Hearts 1 at best. How that linesman flagged offside against Windass/Wallace is something only he will now.

real madrid have had something like 18 managers in as many years, they are the best team on the planet and go from strength to strength

Hm, 13 in 18 years. Which is one more than Dunfermline had in as many years. The situations of either club is a touch different to our's.

Another disappointing result.

We started slowly and never really got going against as defensive a Hearts team as I've ever seen. Although we dominated, we didn't create enough up against what essentially a 4-6-0. In that sense, I can understand why Niko was brought on but he was very poor and with Miller moved out wide left we had no balance. Add in no target man t take advantage of some excellent crosses then that explains the no scoring draw.

As others have said, we worked hard and played OK at times but the manager's refusal to sign a left midfield player is a problem. Windass has done OK sporadically but prefers to come inside. Miller remains a good player but was poor on Saturday yet completed the game again. The lack of depth was shown via Hardie coming back from nowhere to the team again. He did OK but was never going to bully a strong Hearts defence.

It's completely bizarre that Pena didn't feature. OK, he may not be fully fit but, if that's the case, why is he even on the bench ahead of others who are. We were calling out for creativity and a midfielder to support the attack. That's supposedly the best part of his game but he doesn't get on? Weird! I also feel the manager should have went to a back three once he realised Hearts weren't there to attack (after around 10mins).

Positives were the defence was reasonable and I think Jack looks a great wee player. So much so, he's making Dorrans look inefficient and surplus. Morelos worked hard as well but drifted out of the game later on.

All in all, we're not that far away but we need to start winning or the manager will struggle to get fans onside.

I know that we are all critical of the result, but the performance was ok. We lacked a cutting edge and I felt that there was no passion. After the injustice of the previous week, I really thought that we were going to storm the barricades - that just never happened. It was all just a bit insipid for me.

Defensively, we were sound, Jack is an excellent retainer and recycler of the ball, Dorrans looked good to me in the first half and Morelos looks like he is going to be a real goal poacher.

Miller, to me, upsets the flow of the game. He is not creative enough to play the "10" role and he drops too deep into the midfield and personally I feel that his positioning actually impedes Dorrans. To move him out to the wing (when Windass was hooked) just shows the deficiencies within the squad. I would far rather see Beerman being brought back into the squad as a left mid/wing rather than attempt to square peg/round hole Miller into a position in the team. I am not solely blaming Miller, he plays in the position that he is told to play in, but once again, Pedro needs to finalise replacements sooner rather than later.

What is Dorrans natural position? Is he a holding midfielder the same as Jack too? That's what he seems to be doing but Jack is doing it therefore he is invisible.

After the Motherwell game I had thought he would play at the top of a diamond potentially? He looked like he had an eye for goal?

Edited by cooponthewing

What is Dorrans natural position? Is he a holding midfielder the same as Jack too? That's what he seems to be doing but Jack is doing it therefore he is invisible.

After the Motherwell game I had thought he would play at the top of a diamond potentially? He looked like he had an eye for goal?

He played attacking midfielder for WBA (when he was probably the player of the season in the Championship) but was more defensive for Norwich. I think the intention is that he will play a box to box role, which hasn't really happened to date. Probably because we changed from 4 -2 - 3 - 1 formation to a 4 - 4 - 2.

We need 3 more players to push on. The team is crying out for a Naismith type player.

On a positive note:

- Morelos looks like he could be the steal of the season

- Alves and Cardoso look like they are growing as a duo.

I also really like the look of Candieas (I don't care what Steven Thompson says on Sportscene).

Let all the "pundits" write us off.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

FF still saying frank is next manager and Naismith has signed? wouldn't believe a word without concrete evidence from there. Will ask the guys who work at the club i know but i am pretty sure Pedro doesn't have a house and he definitely hasn't moved Pena in, but will check if any truth in it. Plus was any other players with him when he was supposedly out? doubt very much he is cruising round nightclubs on his own while unable to speak a word of english!! Being out with team mates is a completely different kettle of fish

Wish we had a game mid week, this one game a week is crap.

Pedro and Pena both told to report to Ibrox today ??