Rangers 0 - 0 Hearts

i just saw the highlights for the first time. Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting from what I'd read. I also got this from a pal who loves football but not any Glasgow team. Went through their 'education/indoctration' system but has no time for them. Probably has less for us though, one would imagine. Anyway,he wrote this:

"I watched the Rangers V Hearts highlights. Rangers played some good stuff and were unlucky."

He also mentioned that he thinks the timz are being vastly overpraised in the press.

Edited by SteveC

The Club are definitely sending out mixed messages on the issue of safe standing, been told it's happening by some then others saying it's never going to happen.

My own experience is that lip service is something the club are very good at.

The club have not only been paying lip service but also telling downright lies to supporters reps for years.

Vendors opposite the stadium were selling No Surrender, 1690, etc scarves and flags which were confiscated by the police when fans tried to gain entry with them.

It took yon former cop Anderson to let the cat out the bag and say that police were using Rangers conditions of entry regulations to allow them to act in that manner. All that despite repeated statements from the club that it had nothing to do with them.

The whole point of the Hearts setup was to put nearly 10 players behind the ball. Had the above-mentioned scored but a single goal, they would have had to open up and this would have created chances for us. We'd sure not end up with a 6-0 like we did against the Pars, but if the opponents leave spaces, we sure have the ability to punish them.

We have seen it for these last two seasons that teams can do quite well in parking the bus and let us come at them. How often do they use that against other teams? A tactic that some do better than others and it it simply hard to break that down if the opponent is well drilled. I cannot remember other leagues or season of days gone by where such a strategy was employed, as in: going for a point from the off and hope for the odd free kick, corner, or counter attack to scrape all three points. Likewise, I am still somewhat annoyed by the constant FLAK our players get when they fail to break this kind of "football" down. We have limited ability and - as has been said before - our players are probably unused to this kind of football. I would hope that we have sussed this tatic out after 8 to 10 league games though. Right now, only the lack of goals from chances created is a point of bother, with or without the interference of a half-blind linesman.

It was a poor performance after the week before the team should have been energised and hell bent on getting a result. We weren't....

i just saw the highlights for the first time. Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting from what I'd read. I also got this from a pal who loves football but not any Glasgow team. Went through their 'education/indoctration' system but has no time for them. Probably has less for us though, one would imagine. Anyway,he wrote this:

"I watched the Rangers V Hearts highlights. Rangers played some good stuff and were unlucky."

He also mentioned that he thinks the timz are being vastly overpraised in the press.

We never looked like getting beaten imo but the players need to show more creativity. That can take time as understanding develops but we need to see it soon. The defence is much more solid by and large but still needs strengthened as we don't have good enough for a back 3 when required and are a full back short of a solid back 4.

Pena appears a dud and NK isn't going to do it and these are 2 players who PC was perhaps relying on. That is the area PC is most under pressure. No idea if there are funds to fix it.

We never looked like getting beaten imo but the players need to show more creativity. That can take time as understanding develops but we need to see it soon. The defence is much more solid by and large but still needs strengthened as we don't have good enough for a back 3 when required and are a full back short of a solid back 4.

Pena appears a dud and NK isn't going to do it and these are 2 players who PC was perhaps relying on. That is the area PC is most under pressure. No idea if there are funds to fix it.

How can you write off Peña after 45 minutes!?

How can you write off Peña after 45 minutes!?

You've answered your own question Stu. He's been here 2.5 months and looks like a sack of tatties. He also has a reputation which precedes his time here and which he appears to be living up to hence he 'looks' like a dud. We have spent 2.5m on him excluding wages and he isn't fit. A pro athlete should be training hard at the very least and showing commitment and earning his money. The tea lady earns her money as do the groundsmen. Everyone has to do the same. I look fitter than him and I'm 30 years older. He is costing a lot of money every single day he is here and we are getting no return. That is not an acceptable standard. If he plays tries and he's shiite I would at least know more than I or you do now. You're defending the indefensible mate - were not a charity for hard luck stories.

Edited by Walterbear

You've answered your own question Stu. He's been here 2.5 months and looks like a sack of tatties. He also has a reputation which precedes his time here and which he appears to be living up to hence he 'looks' like a dud. We have spent 2.5m on him excluding wages and he isn't fit. A pro athlete should be training hard at the very least and showing commitment and earning his money. The tea lady earns her money as do the groundsmen. Everyone has to do the same. I look fitter than him and I'm 30 years older. He is costing a lot of money every single day he is here and we are getting no return. That is not an acceptable standard. If he plays tries and he's shiite I would at least know more than I or you do now. You're defending the indefensible mate - were not a charity for hard luck stories.

A harsh view point, but one I am struggling to disagree with....

I get the impression that Pena is struggling with the more mental side of things (which may be impacting the physical). I think that PC is hoping to nurse Pena into a more rounded Pro....but as you say, that all takes time & money with no return.

I would like to see him get some more regular game time, whether that is with the "reserves" of 20-30 with the 1st team. It may just help settle him down a bit more and get his head round where he is etc.

Players take time to get up to speed. Yes, alarm bells are ringing but it's hard to write him off yet based on unsubstantiated rumours, one of which has come from a source which constantly posts negative stories on here without substantiation.

I would agree with that approach. It's worrying however that he isn't even put in the lower teams. I suspect someone (I assume mark Allen) way want to look at his training stats and medical/physiological stats, his training regime, and sit down with PC to see what is going on based on hard data and decide what to do because the other side of that data is $s. Not sure if DoF remit covers that but the Board may well be asking for an 'independent' view and it would make sense to me. Not to undermine PC but to help him.