Michael O’Halloran claims Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha lacks communication skills...

...and his training sessions were ‘undemanding’.

The Premiership Player of the Month was cast adrift by the Light Blues gaffer and told he wouldn't play for him again

MICHAEL O’HALLORAN has launched a bitter attack on Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha.

The on-loan St Johnstone ace was cast adrift by Caixinha and told he wouldn’t play for him again.

But O’Halloran hit back, claiming Caixinha lacks communication skills and his training sessions were ‘undemanding’.

He also revealed he learned he’d been axed by reading it in the papers.

Caixinha says he won’t have the frontman back because he’s not his type of player.

O’Halloran — named Premiership Player of the Month — said: “I know my position there now, it’s pretty clear. I got the news from the papers, I’ve not heard anything from the manager.“You don’t get much out of him in terms of what he’s thinking. He was quite hard to understand.”

The Sun

MOH is entitled to his opinion but the fact is he didn't demand enough of himself which is why he's no longer at Rangers.

Candeias may not have contributed many goals so far but he appears a much better player.

One should probably not lay too much emphasis on this, as it is blown out of proportion by the paper. Like PC's "statement" on him was: simple and to the point. It grew arms and legs due to the sensationalism that infests the media these days.

As for MOH, as with Waghorn, Garner & Co., he plays a rather different style and against rather differently set-up opponents these days. When with us, we hardly ever utilized his strengths, i.e. hitting opponents with pace. Not least because a) opponents parked the bus as long as we were level, b) our style quickly dropped to the testing-and-probing walking pace and c) we hardly ever punished teams early on last season, so they had to open up and created spaces. IMHO, Kranjcar and MOH would have worked well, with him being the target man for quick counter attacks. Was not to be and that chapter is more or less closed now, as we have different options.

Edited by der Berliner

MOH is entitled to his opinion but the fact is he didn't demand enough of himself which is why he's no longer at Rangers.

Candeias may not have contributed many goals so far but he appears a much better player.

It may be bullshit but we can't deny it fits in with performances on the park. Lack of communication was what we were saying last season that it looked like the players had no idea what they were doing. Even this season if we play the forward press then it only lasts about 20 minutes. If you look to the south side they are virtually pressing for most of the game. No smoke without fire and straight from the horses mouth spring to mind. He is speaking from within rejection of course.

MOH might have a point if he'd been playing every week, sweating buckets and chasing everything on the park.

The fact that he was deemed unworthy of wasting a jersey on following the few games he did actually take part in, says all I need to know about him as a player.

During his short period at Ibrox I saw a player who quite simply couldn't give a monkeys about doing what we paid him to do or advancing his career.

He's yet another in a long line of wasters who thought they'd finally "made it" and chucked it the day after signing for us.

He is no loss and I just hope we don't make the mistake we made with Boyd and bring him back. Because imo he'll do the same thing again.

Poor show from MOH.....bottom line is, he's still a Rangers player, he's just on loan.

His comments will ensure that regardless of the performances he puts in between now & Jan, he will NEVER wear a Gers shirt again. VERY unprofessional IMHO.

The fact that PC never played him should have got MOH's alarm bells ringing - his response should either have been try & force into the team or get out the door. From what we know/have seen, neither happened. As for the communication thing...I think PC comes across VERY well & if MOH struggled to understand him, he either needs to listen more closely or discuss privately with the manager. TBH, There's some managers out there, with English as their sole language that are harder to understand than PC. Maybe MOH simply didn't understand what PC was trying to tell him - something I think was a big factor last season when PC took over. PC was trying to be technical, but it was way over many of the players heads.

The last sentence on the the back page - "Hoping to use is spell back in Perth, to prove he is capable of...." would lead you to believe that he was wanting to show PC what he was capable of (can't read the rest of the sentence), however, he SHOULD have been doing that on a daily basis on the training pitch. The fact that he rarely even made the bench would indicate that his training performances were not forcing PC to make a decision on whether to play him or not. Also, his comments have totally blown ANY chance of pulling on a Gers top again.