[FT] Partick Thistle 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 19; Dorrans 77)

Thanks I have now changed the score plus some other faults. Funny how you read over something a number of times before posting and see nothing, then once it has been posted and read it you notice the mistakes.

Proof-reading something you've written yourself is a nightmare. You read what you think you typed rather than what you actually did. I guess the mind thinks of what the mind meant to do rather than what the fingers did.

Edited by SteveC

This could be even more of a packed box scenario than we have seen so far. Going to need to keep going at them till they crumble and hopefully that's early. If we can get an early goal it will change the entire complexion of it and we would be a lot more likely to score more. Be interesting to see what el buffalo can do against this brick wall. Hoping the wee battering ram can crash his way through it.

In many ways, this will be the toughest test for our league position ambitions. I say this because Thistle are excellent at pressing and closing down space at the back. They have an extremely fit team with excellent workrate, so if we have any prospect of picking up points from defensive teams, this game will show us how much we've improved at creating chances in such games. It was in these games that MW's teams failed to deliver and we really must find a tactic that overcomes these opponents.

Obviously the Celtic game will show us how far we've closed the gap on them, but that's a different issue. If we hope to finish second (which has got to be our objective), we need to be picking up 3 points here. For me, and I know I'm like a broken record, Miller does not have the technique to move the ball quickly enough so I'll be disappointed if he starts. I appreciate Pena is not yet mentally sharp enough yet for such a tight game, but he's much more likely to find the space and has to start, unless of course the manager thinks NK would be a better option for at least 50 minutes.

Once again though, there is a lot of pressure on Jack and the two central defenders. Thistle will counter attack with speed and they're a real threat as many other teams have found. This is a tough test, but victory is surely going to provide a great confidence boost ahead of the old firm game.

The man to open up a packed box is Nico, especially if the defence has funnelled back and the attack has slowed.

If much of the game's like that then Nico might be the %age

on the other hand 3 goals against Aberdeen doesn't seem to suggest it'll be that sort of game

I haven't seen thistle this season so I don't really know