[FT] Partick Thistle 2 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 19; Dorrans 77)

I'd stick with the same team that beat Dundee. Miller, as much as I agree that's he been poor and is done as a first-team player, is not easily replaced. Pena could come in eventually, but he's not fit yet, and Herrera is a different type of player. Windass could come in for Miller too, but he's been better wide left. No one really has the movement of Miller.

Is that such a bad thing???

Whatever "role" Miller is currently playing, it isn't working too well - he's not being very productive. Bring Herrera in and offer the team something different.

Is that such a bad thing???

Whatever "role" Miller is currently playing, it isn't working too well - he's not being very productive. Bring Herrera in and offer the team something different.

Miller is not very productive not because his role is wrong, but because he's been poor - two sitters spring to mind. He's creating chances, receiving chances and pulling players, linking play. The role is good for us, it's just that Miller is not doing it all perfectly. I think PC wants a roaming second-striker, rather than another target-man. According to theGersReport Miller is our second best contributor to goals scored, so he must be doing something well. I do think we'd score many more if we had someone that could play this role but better.

It's the paradox of Miller: he clearly - according to stats - contributes to chances created and our goals, but when you watch it live the number of times he mis-passes, ruines attacks, gives the ball away, misses chances, it's unbelievable!

If Herrera and Morelos play together I think there is a chance they get isolated. They may be able to play and link-up together, but then we lose midfield control.

Edited by Rousseau

Looking forward to this tonight. It's good to look forward to the footy again when we have a goalscorer on fire and a couple of other good players worth watching.

I would like to see Herrera in for Miller tonight and give Candieas more of a target for his early crosses, and Pena in for Dorrans. I dont see the need for 2 holding players in games like this, and Jack is a more natural holding player than GD.

Wes

Tav, Bruno, Tanned Kiernan, Wallace

Jack

Candieas Nico Pena

Morelos Herrera

But I wouldnt be at all surprised if Pedro retains Miller in the starting line-up as he is bomb-proof it seems. Others are calling for Nico to be dropped as well but I dont see it. The guy is absolute class, and although the engine might not be what it was, the brain is still working. I would take a 50% Nico over a 200% Windass every day of the week.

It is important we keep our discipline tonight as the ref will be well aware our next league game is one we want no suspensions for and we musnt give him any opportunity to make a name for himself (whoever it is!). It will take a lot less than Brown done in their last game to get the ref/CO attention and a ban for the OF game. Morelos will be especially scrutinised. I wouldnt be surprised if BT Sport have one camera just following his every move the whole game, in the name of tactical scrutiny of course!

Lets keep building the momentum with another win and decent performance tonight, same again on Tuesday and let us go into the OF game with some small modicum of confidence.

I love Friday night football, even more exciting knowing a 4 goal win will put us top of the league on goals scored. Will be the first time this season we have played our game BEFORE the yahoos, lets take full advantage and send out a message of intent. Thistle are no pushovers though.

That would be a cooperonthewing trick.:D

I did something similar for a concert once.... Turned up, ticket wouldn't work and the guy on the gate says "your ticket is for tomorrow night's concert".... doh. Worse... I was actually flying back to Bermuda the next day so couldn't make the concert... double doh.

That said, it was the ticketing company that screwed up the dates, not me - should still have checked though :D