Alves and John injuries

We are as only as good as our last days work. Past successes are no guarantee for the future.

He hasn't been great, in fact, other than his passing, he has been fairly ordinary. Perhaps on a par with Hill last season? Possibly, a lot of that is down to our expectations, where Alves is a world class signing and we were desperate to strengthen the defence after last season. However, much as I liked the look of the young boy McCrorie, I would be far more comfortable if Alves was starting on Saturday and we blood McCrorie into the team in coming matches.

Thats Wallace out for 2 months. Good chance for John to get a run of games. Cardiff will probably be the biggest winners with that. Hopefully Beerman isnt overlooked, he did well when called upon last season.

Rangers captain Lee Wallace could be out for two months with a groin injury, manager Pedro Caixinha has admitted.

The injury problems are mounting for the Ibrox club ahead of Saturday's visit by league leaders Celtic.

The fitness of fellow defenders Bruno Alves and Declan John is still being assessed.

But Caixinha insists that "the actors may be different but the script remains the same" and believes his side can win the match whoever plays.

Caixinha, whose side lost 5-1 in their previous meeting with Celtic last season, says they will not be using the diamond midfield formation used then against their Glasgow rivals.

And he stresses that it is his job to work out whether the reigning champions will use the formation deployed against Paris St-Germain or opt for a back three.

The Rangers boss has also called on his top scorer, Alfredo Morelos, to stay calm under provocation.

Caixinha believes the Colombian striker will be provoked in the match but that he must control his emotional side.

The Portuguese team boss admits that, if he was the opposition manager, he would urge his team to provoke Morelos.

Edited by Gribz

John is out of contract next summer and if he makes an impression, we might get him on a free.

As for Morelos ... I'd chuck him to the left of an attacking three, with Miller in the middle, Candeias on the right and Herrera up front on his own.

do that & we'll get hammered. We'll be short in numbers in MF.

John is out of contract next summer and if he makes an impression, we might get him on a free.

As for Morelos ... I'd chuck him to the left of an attacking three, with Miller in the middle, Candeias on the right and Herrera up front on his own.

I, for one, simply cannot fathom this desire to take the biggest goal threat we have had in years playing through the middle..... and push him out wide for a guy that doesn't score that many goals. It makes absolutely ZERO sense to me.

So, Morelos has been scoring for fun playing up top, and we are seriously suggesting dropping him deeper and wider - yes, makes sense, lets take our biggest goal threat and take him further away from the area in which he has been fairly lethal this year.

Just as well Pedro is the manager instead of us armchair managers.

Yeah ... and what exactly would hinder Morelos from attacking when being slightly to the left side of our attack and moving freely about ... AS WELL AS having more physical and attacking presence as Windass? It's not like he'd be carrying 25 kilos more on him and is ordered to stay out of the penalty area ...

Nope, a nice packed midfield with quite an attacking threat and some good cover.

Foderingham

Tavernier - Cardoso - Alves - John

Jack - Dorrans

Candeias - Miller - Morelos

Herrera

As for Morelos ... I'd chuck him to the left of an attacking three, with Miller in the middle,:crazy: Candeias on the right and Herrera up front on his own.

Thank god Your not the manager!:nuts:

From having a glut of midfielders we now appear to be struggling. I think Pedro is almost forced to pick Miller and hope that Windass turns up, as I am sure he will go with two wide players and Morelos through the middle.

Yeah ... and what exactly would hinder Morelos from attacking when being slightly to the left side of our attack and moving freely about ... AS WELL AS having more physical and attacking presence as Windass? It's not like he'd be carrying 25 kilos more on him and is ordered to stay out of the penalty area ...

Nope, a nice packed midfield with quite an attacking threat and some good cover.

Foderingham

Tavernier - Cardoso - Alves - John

Jack - Dorrans

Candeias - Miller - Morelos

Herrera

They will play 3 in MF. Jacks & Dorrans would get overrun in that formation.

And why play Dorrans defensive MF ?

They will play 3 in MF. Jacks & Dorrans would get overrun in that formation.

And why play Dorrans defensive MF ?

But who would you play with Jack and Dorrans. Only Miller and Pena are available - both attacking midfielders??