Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

We need to get to a point where we are beating spl dross easy and almost always. Then the next step up almost always no matter how hard or easy it is. Then we need to be matching celtc at home. Then away some times.

Our recovery will be gradual unless we get millions pumped in. 10s of millions.

It will need patience. Something we have very very little of as fans.

Pedro needs to be on that road somewhere and soon.

Lets get that one out of the way first. That's not open to debate.:D

Don't you see every game is different excuses. It was the managers choice to pick Bates and Beerman he did have other choices. It was the Managers choice to play the same tactics that got us a walloping just a short time earlier. Mutry had the same players at his disposal just a few weeks earlier and got a draw.

Celtic never got out of 2nd gear yesterday and in the 2nd half just used it as a training session.

If we accept the place we are in then we are destined to stay there.

Pointless to debate if you sling the derogative "excuse" rubbish about. That simply is no level I want to go on any longer and I'm not here to convince you of my opinion.

BTW, the line-up against the Scum in that 1-5 game was:

Foderingham; Tavernier - Hill - Wilson - Beerman; Hyndman - Holt - Windass; Waghorn - Miller - Dodoo.

Subs: Alnwick; Garner, McKay, Forrester, O'Halloran, Bates, Halliday.

Probably the best we had and Beerman had to be picked, unless you wanted another u20s player there, or in fact Halliday? He did indeed pick a physically weak midfield that never ever got a hold of theirs, but again: who should he have replaced them with? He was essentially going the same route as Murty did weeks before, only that this time the Scum was more up for it and steamrolled over us after the early penalty. Who should he have picked instead then? Should we have parked the bus (with whom?)? And what do you think the reaction would have been if we had? Coward would by a choice word that springs to mind. And as always, you kindly ignore that there was another team on the park too. Our fault, our shortfalls, someone needs to get blamed. That is no reasonable level of debating.

Edited by der Berliner

Yip, I have, he's a fairly average referee on a good day, but he's got no preference for Celtic I can assure you of that.

There's that great gif of Kevin Thomson tackling Robbie Keane then throwing him to the ground when he tries to get up that still does the rounds. Where were our midfielders doing that yesterday? Sometimes you need to be sly and sometimes you need to be overt when it comes to the physical side of the game. We were neither yesterday. Every side that comes to Ibrox should be intimidated, Celtic weren't. That's not because of the ref, that's because of the players. It actually surprises me, without playing up national stereotypes I did expect the Latin players to have a bit more about them, sly digs, off the ball stuff, disrupting the tempo of a match that kind of thing.

His actions speak otherwise. I am baffled that anyone can say anything different. If he has no preference ten he must be acting subconsciously.

I've now watched replays of that Brown incident when he elbowed Morelos. The referee didn't see it or punish him for it, so I'm assuming this is exactly why we have the potential for retrospective action by officials. There is a wealth of video evidence so this should be an easy decision and ban for him. Yeah right!

I've never subscribed to the paranoia previously, and I still prefer to think of bad decisions as being a result of poor refereeing rather than something more sinister, but this season has really made me question certain officials in the game. The Hibs game is still the most obvious example of bias that I've ever seen in football - EVER! If the officials don't do anything about Brown at the very least, there is something truly rotten in our game.

Can you post a link to the Brown elbow please? Not seen a replay of it yet.