Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

I'm not picking on anyone. We should be beating Hibs at home, regardless of a poor ref.

We are where they want us and your attitude assists them.

We are Rangers. Accepting anything other than victory is unacceptable.

So it's acceptable to just ignore the fact that we are fighting with one hand behind our back? It is these kinds of posts that Scottish Football wants. Unless people open their eyes and acknowledge that there is something sinister going on then nothing will change.

Do Rangers fans care where we are in the table? I do.

Actually, we all do. Every one of us cares where we are in the table. All we are disagreeing about is when that becomes important. For many of us, it matters at the end of the season, although mid way through the season is a decent time to take the temperature of our performances. Doing this in September is just ridiculous.

But here's the thing. Many on this forum had decided that Pedro was a terrible manager before ANY games had been played. That's a fact, and they will continue to use any piece of evidence to prove their original opinion was correct. I actually believe that there are many who want him to fail, just so they can say "we told you so".

Pedro has shown me that he has more passion and interest in Rangers than many of its so called supporters. None of us truly know yet if he will be a success at the club, but the man deserves time to show it one way or another. I think I'm going to have to take time out of the forum because it actually just winds me up when I read things like "we are Rangers, we should not settle for second". Just over a year ago we weren't even in the top 12. Let that sink in. And for those that think throwing money at a problem will solve it, it just shows you know nothing about building a football team. I don't actually blame you for that, because why would you know about it, but you're blaming a manager that really does (in my opinion) know how to do it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've seen enough over the past 2 games in particular to get excited about. I wish others did too, but understand if you don't. And for the avoidance of doubt also, I don't yet know if PC will achieve what I want him to, but at the moment there is NO-ONE ELSE (and by no-one, I mean not a single manager anywhere) that I would want as our manager right now. I'll be supporting him until at least the end of the season, because at that stage we will then know what he is capable of.

Good luck Pedro. You've got the press willing you to fail. You've got some referees willing you to fail. You've got most other clubs willing you to fail. You've unfortunately got many of your own "supporters" willing you to fail. What a story if you could be successful despite that lack of support.

Actually, we all do. Every one of us cares where we are in the table. All we are disagreeing about is when that becomes important. For many of us, it matters at the end of the season, although mid way through the season is a decent time to take the temperature of our performances. Doing this in September is just ridiculous.

But here's the thing. Many on this forum had decided that Pedro was a terrible manager before ANY games had been played. That's a fact, and they will continue to use any piece of evidence to prove their original opinion was correct. I actually believe that there are many who want him to fail, just so they can say "we told you so".

Pedro has shown me that he has more passion and interest in Rangers than many of its so called supporters. None of us truly know yet if he will be a success at the club, but the man deserves time to show it one way or another. I think I'm going to have to take time out of the forum because it actually just winds me up when I read things like "we are Rangers, we should not settle for second". Just over a year ago we weren't even in the top 12. Let that sink in. And for those that think throwing money at a problem will solve it, it just shows you know nothing about building a football team. I don't actually blame you for that, because why would you know about it, but you're blaming a manager that really does (in my opinion) know how to do it.

For the avoidance of doubt, I've seen enough over the past 2 games in particular to get excited about. I wish others did too, but understand if you don't. And for the avoidance of doubt also, I don't yet know if PC will achieve what I want him to, but at the moment there is NO-ONE ELSE (and by no-one, I mean not a single manager anywhere) that I would want as our manager right now. I'll be supporting him until at least the end of the season, because at that stage we will then know what he is capable of.

Good luck Pedro. You've got the press willing you to fail. You've got some referees willing you to fail. You've got most other clubs willing you to fail. You've unfortunately got many of your own "supporters" willing you to fail. What a story if you could be successful despite that lack of support.

Well said. The manager, and the team, need our support.

Edited by ranger_syntax

So it's acceptable to just ignore the fact that we are fighting with one hand behind our back? It is these kinds of posts that Scottish Football wants. Unless people open their eyes and acknowledge that there is something sinister going on then nothing will change.

How are we fighting with one hand behind our back? If you take Celtic out of the equation then we have a far bigger budget than any other team. Where were Celtic when Rodgers took over? They just pipped Aberdeen to the title and lost to us in the Scottish cup. Everyone agreed they were crap. He only needed one window to turn things around and only bought a few players.

Herrera 2mill

Pena 2.8

Morelos 1mil( well worth it)

Ask Tommy Wright or Alan Archibald what he could do with that money. That one hand tied behind our back is a fallacy.

Coming back from the game yesterday we all agreed that we now need to win every game up until we play them again.

If we can do that then... who knows.

Sadly this game is about fine margins such as:

What if we didn't get a man sent off against Hibs.

What if Patrick got a last minute penalty against Celtic

What if we got that penalty in the first half.

What if Morelos equalised.

I really feel that this season we have been really unlucky. Let's hope that over the next few months luck will be on our side.

I'm not picking on anyone. We should be beating Hibs at home, regardless of a poor ref.

We are where they want us and your attitude assists them.

We are Rangers. Accepting anything other than victory is unacceptable.

We had one of our key players sent off, without justification, after about 30 minutes.

You are being unrealistic.

We had one of our key players sent off, without justification, after about 30 minutes.

You are being unrealistic.

It was 1-1 and they were in the ascendancy when he was sent off. While I agree the ref changed the game and was totally diabolical, there is no guarantee we would have won that game all things being even.

It was 1-1 and they were in the ascendancy when he was sent off. While I agree the ref changed the game and was totally diabolical, there is no guarantee we would have won that game all things being even.

I never mentioned a guarantee. Although, as an irrelevant aside, I believe we would have gone on to win.

Anything to say on the point I was responding to?

Should we be beating Hibernian with 10 men?

Is that . . . realistic?

How are we fighting with one hand behind our back? If you take Celtic out of the equation then we have a far bigger budget than any other team. Where were Celtic when Rodgers took over? They just pipped Aberdeen to the title and lost to us in the Scottish cup. Everyone agreed they were crap. He only needed one window to turn things around and only bought a few players.

Herrera 2mill

Pena 2.8

Morelos 1mil( well worth it)

Ask Tommy Wright or Alan Archibald what he could do with that money. That one hand tied behind our back is a fallacy.

Are you for real? Every single game apart from the Hearts game there has been a major decision against us that has been completely unjustified. It's not hard to see. I've posted about it before but either the referees are being prompted to make life difficult for us or their hatred is so ingrained that they are consciously / subconsciously making decisions against us.

It is fact. Again, every single game. And it is the opposite for them. How many dodgy decisions go their way? Is it just a coincidence? We also have every single media outlet constantly campaigning against us. They are projecting an image on our club that we are the bad guys. That rubs off on easily led (and let's be honest, football isn't known for its highly intelligent) fans Who in turn blame us for every problem in football. This then rubs off on their teams who try harder to beat us / not lose. It is a blatant campaign against us from all angles and I find it hard that any semi-intelligent Rangers fan doesn't see that.

Not only the press but we have the SPFL bringing out accusations against us (on our behalf apparently). These distractions will not be helping the board concentrate on the product on the pitch. I can imagine the amount of time and money spent on fighting these ridiculous challenges. And who benefits from. These activities? Our rivals obviously.

Yes, if we are better on the pitch we give ourself a better chance but when every single 50/50 goes against you, when clearcut penaltys aren't given, when other teams are given non-penalties, when they are let off with constantly climbing over you, when you are booked for innocuous first time challenges, see their players offside and not flagged, you are body slammed and then booked for the pleasure, you are grabbed by the throat and then sent off, then these all have a psychological affect on you. They put you off your game. Your mentality changes completely. And this is what is happening. Maybe I should have said both hands are tied.

Edited by StuGers