Rangers will be forced to live in Celtic’s shadow for generations to come

I agree with the start, but completely disagree with the parts about caixinha and that this squad is worse than celtic’s Bad squads. We’ve been to hell and back, something celtic didn’t have to endure. We need time to recover and try to recoup some of the money we lost out on from missed years in Europe, which celtic have had and have used to build a (as hard as it is to admit) strong team.

I believe in Caixinha and think he needs at least a season. We are miles ahead of where we were when he came in. He has drastically overhauled the shambles of a squad and has largely made good signings. He knows there is still work to do and in my opinion, the January transfer window will say more. That is when he has to strengthen our weak links. At the summer he did what any manager does in any business, prioritised. He strengthened the core, now he needs to strengthen the depth of subs and choices. Give the man time! I think some people are really quick to forget that our squad is practically entirely new, you cannot expect that to compete on a team level with celtic, whose squad has been the same for seasons. The manager and team need the fans backing now more than ever.

Do you really want to give Caixinha, the man who spent nearly 5 million on Pena and Herrera more money to splash around. Better to cut our losses now before we are behind for Generations.

Edited by pete

Do you really want to give Caixinha, the man who spent nearly 5 million on Pena and Herrera more money to splash around. Better to cut our losses now before we are behind for Generations.

Can't we have a "slate the manager (whoever it is)" thread? Or "Caixinha must go!". This daily spoiling of every other thread with quite pointless - since nigh irrational - bad-talking of the manager is getting tedious. Or simply add something to your signature.

There seems to be no reasoning with you in regards to Caixinha. For every Pena there's a Candieas and for every Herrera there's a Morelos.

That's before I even mention Jack, Dorrans, Alves and Cardoso (who has a lot of potential).

We have to get behind the manager. I said after the Celtic game we need to win all our matches up until we play Celtic again and hope they drop a couple of points.

Well one game on 3 points picked up. Celtic 2 points dropped.

Keep barking if you want mate, but I'm happy in this caravan for now.

Can't we have a "slate the manager (whoever it is)" thread? Or "Caixinha must go!". This daily spoiling of every other thread with quite pointless - since nigh irrational - bad-talking of the manager is getting tedious. Or simply add something to your signature.

Yes please, it's becoming tedious.

Sorry I didn't realise it was a "lets' discuss rangers future but don't mention the manager" thread. Of course there is also an ignore button if you don't think the manager and the money he has possibly wasted is relevant to our future.

Sorry I didn't realise it was a "lets' discuss rangers future but don't mention the manager" thread. Of course there is also an ignore button if you don't think the manager and the money he has possibly wasted is relevant to our future.

I don't think anyone was trying to limit comment on the manager, simply to have a thread where such comment could be more conveniently read or written without continually detracting from other topics.

Surely who the manager is has a huge impact on where we are as a club? Questioning PC's appointment or managerial abilities is very much a relevant factor to the topic being discussed.

I think Pete has made up his mind (I'm in the 'Unconvinced' group) but he's entitled to his opinion.

Edited by Gonzo79

Surely who the manager is has a huge impact on where we are as a club? Questioning PC's appointment or managerial abilities is very much a relevant factor to the topic being discussed.

I think Pete has made up his mind (I'm in the 'Unconvinced' group) but he's entitled to his opinion.

Be that as it may, the continual sniping at PC's heels for nigh everything that spring to mind become tedious though. Not least when Pete has most likely next to no knowledge about the MExican market or indeed the ability of the Mexican players (PC managed there for years), but 4.3m spent on them may endanger our future? Or there must be something wrong since they play so little. Or ... think up something else. Today Hardie showed again that he's rather capable, but PC does not play him ... so there must be something wrong with him. You name it. But does Pete know whether a Herrera hat-trick might win us the League or a Pena goal the Scottish Cup, which clearly warrants the outlay? Perhaps one can just cut it with this doom-mongering for the time being and spare oneself some humble pie later on? Or tell me - then - how wrong we were to give PC, Herrera and Pena a chance!

Unless we have a daily chat between the gaffer and the fans where he can answer all the pressing topics, people won't stop asking questions. But perhaps we do that with an open mind, rather then negative attitude shining through every time we discuss him.

But we usually even fail with "us being better than last season", on the field of play ... and when that basis is not there, you get factions where debate become quickly derailed. And this can be avoided if the sniping is reduced. Call it self-discipline rather than limit one's freedom of expression. For it is not the case that the opposite happens and we people on here constantly heaping praise of the gaffer and/or the players, do we?