Rangers will be forced to live in Celtic’s shadow for generations to come

Look guys we could have Ally again or "The Magic Hat " back,but at least we have a manager now who looks as if he is unafraid to change things during the course of a game.No longer do we look at the clock and see approaching 60 minutes a sub having been stripped to come on then spending several minutes looking at diagrams in a folder.

I have not attacked Pedro, nor defended him, but think that he must be allowed time as he is different than the last two incumbents.

That was a long-winded way of saying, "I wish pete would stop moaning about the manager!".

It would seem a Pedro Mafia has formed and anyone who speaks against Pedro is a nuisance. Surely it is a big question in our near future whether people think Pedro should get more money or not? I only answer where it is relevant and if DB wants to try and dictate who says what and when then maybe he should start his own website where he is head administrator. The Mexican market is of totally no interest to me until players become Rangers players. It is what they do in a Rangers shirt that interests me. I will become a Pedro supporter the moment I see where he is taking this team positively. Hopefully that will be in October or we could even be out of Aberdeen's rear view mirror.

It would seem a Pedro Mafia has formed and anyone who speaks against Pedro is a nuisance. Surely it is a big question in our near future whether people think Pedro should get more money or not? I only answer where it is relevant and if DB wants to try and dictate who says what and when then maybe he should start his own website where he is head administrator. The Mexican market is of totally no interest to me until players become Rangers players. It is what they do in a Rangers shirt that interests me. I will become a Pedro supporter the moment I see where he is taking this team positively. Hopefully that will be in October or we could even be out of Aberdeen's rear view mirror.

The bit in bold ... you hand out criticism about PC like there is no tomorrow, then go utterly over-the-top when that criticism and your opinion gets questioned and queried. As if it is just black & white. I actually pointed out that there is no-one singing praises about PC (i.e. a non-existing "white faction"), yet, when one utters a word about his detractors (what one could call the black, or let's say dark gray faction), they come out all guns blazing about dictating opinions and call for "rebellion against the tyranny". Somewhat of an over-reaction, IMHO.

As for the rest. Maybe you can or want only see the here and now. History of recent years may show that you might be correct. As I intimated before though, no-one can say how the next few month will unfold. Aberdeen will be away at Hibs next, then entertain the Scum. You think they will get many points from those games? Not too long ago they drew 1-1 with Killie at home, were beaten 3-0 by Motherwell ere sneaking a 1-0 a week later. Solid looks different. We'll be away in Perth next, then at home to Killie and away in Jamboland. I would think we can manage to snatch a few points and close the gap somewhat. And then, we'll be not even half-way down the season.

Look guys we could have Ally again or "The Magic Hat " back,but at least we have a manager now who looks as if he is unafraid to change things during the course of a game.No longer do we look at the clock and see approaching 60 minutes a sub having been stripped to come on then spending several minutes looking at diagrams in a folder.

I have not attacked Pedro, nor defended him, but think that he must be allowed time as he is different than the last two incumbents.

Mac, we don't have to look to wasters like McCoist or Warburton to prove that point - "geniuses" like Advocaat were doing the same when 95% of the Rangers support were screaming for changes to be made during matches.

Are we still worse off at this stage than we were under Warburton ? Was that not the argument you gave just last week ?

Pedro may not be the answer. But it also depends on what we are looking for. If we want someone in that can challenge Celtic for the league then it isn't a new manager we need, it is investment in the playing squad. If we want a manager to challenge under the current financial conditions at both clubs then nobody is the answer because they can spend more on one player than we can on half a team.

I'm still surprised at how many still believe we haven't progressed this season, or maybe both sides are looking at different things. For me, looking at the positives... we are more of a goal threat, we create more chances, better at defensive set pieces and do actually look like beating teams.

The negatives ? Still losing soft goals and we are still mentally weak at times, though it is interesting that we have come back from a goal down against both Thistle and Accoes to get non-negative results. Perhaps the mental toughness is starting to appear.

We also, IMHO, have a better standard of player - though how much of that is down to the money Pedro has been given vs Warburton is a valid question.

His signings have been hit and miss, like almost any other manager really. Candeias, Morelos, Jack have settled in very well. Dorrans has been a disappointment as has Pena and Herrera. Alves and Cardoso jury still out but Cardoso is young and has potential and Alves was probably expected to mentor the young lad. Alves may struggle to get back in with McCrorie's form though. Declan John has been a decent signing too, albeit on loan. Dalcio has been invisible as a loanee.

So very hit and miss but in Morelos and Cardoso we have sellable assets. Jack and Candeias can be excellent signings too.

It isn't all doom and gloom but, likewise, it isn't all positive either. Somewhere in between, which is probably why Pedro is currently a polarizing figure.

Are we still worse off at this stage than we were under Warburton ? Was that not the argument you gave just last week ?

Pedro may not be the answer. But it also depends on what we are looking for. If we want someone in that can challenge Celtic for the league then it isn't a new manager we need, it is investment in the playing squad. If we want a manager to challenge under the current financial conditions at both clubs then nobody is the answer because they can spend more on one player than we can on half a team.

I'm still surprised at how many still believe we haven't progressed this season, or maybe both sides are looking at different things. For me, looking at the positives... we are more of a goal threat, we create more chances, better at defensive set pieces and do actually look like beating teams.

The negatives ? Still losing soft goals and we are still mentally weak at times, though it is interesting that we have come back from a goal down against both Thistle and Accoes to get non-negative results. Perhaps the mental toughness is starting to appear.

We also, IMHO, have a better standard of player - though how much of that is down to the money Pedro has been given vs Warburton is a valid question.

His signings have been hit and miss, like almost any other manager really. Candeias, Morelos, Jack have settled in very well. Dorrans has been a disappointment as has Pena and Herrera. Alves and Cardoso jury still out but Cardoso is young and has potential and Alves was probably expected to mentor the young lad. Alves may struggle to get back in with McCrorie's form though. Declan John has been a decent signing too, albeit on loan. Dalcio has been invisible as a loanee.

So very hit and miss but in Morelos and Cardoso we have sellable assets. Jack and Candeias can be excellent signings too.

It isn't all doom and gloom but, likewise, it isn't all positive either. Somewhere in between, which is probably why Pedro is currently a polarizing figure.

Great post Craig! I agree with everything you have said there, a lot of good points and objectivity.

After 8 games last season we had scored 10 goals and conceded 11. This season after 8 games we have scored 17 and again conceded 11.

So at this point we have scored 70% more goals than the same stage last season but conceded exactly the same as before and last season 5 of those conceded goals came in a single game against the yahoos on match day 5 . We need to stop leaking goals.

Edited by JFK-1

A fine and balanced summation.