Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Is their not a massive pay-off to be paid for big Sam?

There may well be, but The Albion will want to avoid relegation at any reasonable cost. Hence I don't think that the owners will go for a guy unproven in the EPL.

Pardew is out there, too, and looking for a lucrative billet.

SSN- Rangers still in no rush to appoint manager

At 11.50 a brief update on sky sports news told that despite current bookies odds there has been no contact from rangers to either Alex McLeish or Derek McInnes.

It then went onto say that they are not in any rush despite their 2-0 defeat to hamilton on saturday and are only beginning to draw up a shortlist of managers today.

... and another few broadsides are incoming, no doubt.

On a wee sidenote, the way I see it any name that has been mentioned - bar van Bronckhorst perhaps - has been ridiculed or slaughtered. Thus, no matter who it will be, some won't be happy. And, while we are at it, people may take the proverbial step back and remind themselves that no matter who puts himself forward or who someone would like to have, these people will have their own ideas about money and budget which may not be the same as the Board.

Looking at the current odds on Sky Bet... Paul Lambert, 33/1???

I got Lambert mixed up with Burley thinking he been at Hearts. I looked at Hearts managers and from 1980 they have had 32 managers. That is just a few short of 1 per year