Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

One of those was a 1-1 draw at Livvy and it's the most bored I have ever been at a match.

I remember that game very well also. I had the "pleasure" of sitting right behind Andy Cameron and his pals at that game, just in the normal away stand with the punters, and as if the football wasnt bad enough, the patter was equally annoying!

Born in Greece.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Okay... :D

Seriously--I've been aware of him for a few years but I can't recall how or why. It was his tactical approach that drew me in, along with his record of success -- I'm not sure how appropriate his A-League success is as it's not the greatest of quality; but winning several league titles has to count for something. I think it was the way they played in the 2014 World Cup, rather than their results -- defeats against Spain, Chile and Netherlands in a tough group.

He has done well in Oz though it's a pretty piss poor standard (yes, even by Scots standards). He might be an absolute genius but he'd be an absolutely enormous risk. His temperament is deeply questionable too.

Plenty seem to be looking for a silver bullet. As I said before, it's a response to the unpleasantness of the situation we find ourselves in: there's managers we've heard who we want but who won't come, there's those that we've heard of who would come that we don't want. That leaves us hoping the ones we've never heard of turn out to be the next Guardiola.

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

What really is getting my goat is the business of that they wanted to be thorough and make sure they get the right person for the job, but hang on didnt they do that with their last two appointments?

Also on another note at my work place (local council). when our old boss retired instead of putting it out for advert straight away(when she handed in her notice) they waited till she left and did not put it out to advert for at least two months, why? so they could bank two months of manager wages that went into the reserves.