Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Since we are leaving all that behind we must look to the future.

When we complain about the board we need to think about the alternative. What alternatives do we have at present?

Also I think I remember the chairman telling us he wanted to get some non supporter directors involved but that it would take 1-2 years. So is any complaint about the current board simply a case of pushing against an open door?

There are no alternatives. This board may be dull & boring but the club is in safe hands.

But the team is under-achieving and this board are making far too many mistakes. They've not even been there for three years & we're looking for our third manager although I think they've dodged massive bullet with McInnes

And their PR is non existent too.

Jol is someone Ive always liked and thought about but not sure whats he has done in the last 5 years.

I would prefer Henk Ten Cate as he has been successful with nearly every club he goes to. He has taken a team that were the bottom of the Emirates league to Champions recently. He has probably made enough money in the emirates now and I think would jump at coming to Rangers and nearer to home. He was told he had the Dutch job before he was passed for Advocaat so there is no way he will be asked or want to take that gig as there was a big media explosion about it.

I dunno, I'm not running a club professionally but I can think of a few people who could do the job we need just now. Whether that's the same as the job of getting us back to the top is a different question but since we are where we are it's not one that's exercising me much.

Steve MacLaren could do it. Since I don't care about who supported what team as a boy Steve Clarke could do it, and as a left field choice I have always regarded Jim Duffy very highly, although even for me he's pushing the celtc connection as far as it'll go But he seems like a reasonable fella and a decent coach. Moyes and Allardyce are showing that even managers with a lousy rep can come in and do a reasonable job of steadying the ship and that's what we need, even if the Scottish context means steadying the ship will likely result in second place.

Choice for one of those insane, 500-1 bets you put on the National - Ian MacCall down at Ayr United.

Frank De Boer: ”I would be happy to speak with KNVB if approached”

Posted by James Rowe on December 10th, 2017 07:22 PM | Dutchmen Abroad, News, Oranje

Former Ajax and Crystal Palace manager Frank De Boer spoke to the NOS’s Joep Schreuder about a potential approach from the KNVB regarding the Dutch national team job.

By James Rowe

Follow James on Twitter

De Boer was sacked by Crystal Palace earlier in the season and has been out of work since. He has been heavily linked with the Dutch national team, and his former club Glasgow Rangers.

Speaking about his time at Crystal Palace, De Boer said, “I have managed to get over what happened at Crystal Palace although in the aftermath I was frustrated and angry but life goes on and you can look forward to other things and spend time with my family.

”I have evaluated since leaving Crystal Palace and I know that I did everything in my power to achieve success there. But lack of time also played a part in that.

”After my experiences with Inter Milan and Crystal Palace it teaches you not to be naive. But I must say that I adapted a lot whilst I was manager of Crystal Palace and I thought defensively. Maybe I should have been more attacking and should not have done any concessions.

”The players must believe in what you do and the vision you have. Some players feel comfortable with it but if the majority of players are not comfortable with it is then it difficult to get results.

On his future, De Boer stated he will take his time, but would be open to speaking to the KNVB about replacing Dick Advocaat, ”I am not in a rush to take the first new manager’s job that comes my way. I will wait and remain patient. I have not not spoken to KNVB chairman Eric Gudde.

”The important thing is to keep busy and I have enough to do at the moment. If the KNVB want to speak to me I would be happy to speak with them if approached.”

Frank stated he didn't want the job he wanted to manage a club a few months ago so I suppose he is getting desperate. It will be Koeman unless a team from the top leagues come in for him first.

I don't think Be Boer's what we need just now. Our next manager will have to motivate and organise a squad of largely British players and look at signing new players from the lesser leagues of Europe. Is De Boer that guy?

Steve Clark is an interesting mention up thread. I wouldn't have even considered him in the summer but his work at Kilmarnock has been pretty impressive. The fact there isn't a favourite after all this time is damning in itself.

Looking through that list....2 names certainly jumped out at me

- Laurent Blanc

- Luis Enrique

I know folk will say we can't afford them, but why not sound them out? Neither appear to be working at the moment, so possibly get them on a relatively short term, with options to extend.