Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Im really sure McInnes called up Keith Jackson with a full list of his reasons. How could he known if he was wanted or not by NOT having talks with the club. Utter gash.

Edited by Gribz

Who knows what has really went on as the press will always paint us in a bad light but no matter how badly we’ve handles it it is obvious we have dodged a bullet.

If McInnes didn’t want the job due to his loyalties with Aberdeen, then he wasn’t fit for the job. He’s got a poor managerial record and he was basically getting it because he is “a Rangers man”. If his loyalties with Aberdeen are that strong then he obviously isn’t “a Rangers man”.

If McInnes felt “unwanted” then good riddance. He should have been fighting tooth and nail for the job that eclipses Aberdeen by miles. If that was the case then he wouldn’t have been thick skinned enough to take the job.

If McInnes has changed his mind at the last minute, then it suits his previous as a bottler.

Any of those 3 scenarios show we have got the best result in a bad situation.

You know, before we slate McInnes too much, it's worth just assessing why a Rangers supporter and ex-player, someone who wants to move back to the Central belt for family reasons, would turn us down to remain at Aberdeen on a lower wage and with far less prospect of success. Let that sink in.

This isn't about McInnes and any lack of ambition, it's about the continued state of our club and the ineptitude of some of the people running it. For some of us it's feelin g a lot like 1983 all over again.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I posted this http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?89473-Ray-Wilkins-reveals-he-wants-Rangers-return

Ray Wilkins saying he would love to back and help out, not that I would want him as manager. Compare and contrast between him & McInnes!, I wonder what Butch thinks about McInnes decision?.

You know, before we slate McInnes too much, it's worth just assessing why a Rangers supporter and ex-player, someone who wants to move back to the Central belt for family reasons, would turn us down to remain at Aberdeen on a lower wage and with far less prospect of success. Let that sink in.

This isn't about McInnes and any lack of ambition, it's about the continued state of our club and the ineptitude of some of the people running it. For some of us it's feelin g a lot like 1983 all over again.

I'd agree but it's worse than 1983 because unlike the early 80's, celtic (the club as a whole) are in the strongest shape I've ever known them to be in. Literally a polar opposite to where we are.

There seems to be a belief amongst some that there is a 'silver bullet' for this problem. If you try to jump the gap in a oner, you'll fall into the abyss. You need to first build a solid foundation.

It's not only a new manager that has to deal with unrealistic expectation, it's the board as well. We can't pretend everything will be all right 'tomorrow' because it will only lead to further pain.

The club's attempt to portray McInnes as the bogeyman may or may not have merit. However, for them to be unable to attract a credible alternative six weeks into the process says a lot, lot more.

I don't think that what would generally be considered as decent candidates, want the job.

I think that the circumstances currently around the job (especially expectation levels relative to resources) mean that it's increasingly viewed as a poisoned chalice.

Oh that's seems to be the case which says a lot more about those leading the recruitment process than I ever could.

We have out done Everton making a mess of this, thats for sure, even though they went back in for Allardyce. I think its confirmed we wont be able to go back in for McInnes - good thing or bad thing (majority seems to think good).

Oh that's seems to be the case which says a lot more about those leading the recruitment process than I ever could.

Unless we suddenly change habits..........It's all set-up for a couple of poor results, sudden switch in attitude wrt G.Murty (again), a clearly unhappy GM, general anger towards board who have said GM is in post until the end of the year (at least).

Where would they go ?

- Scramble around for short-term buffer

- Go straight to those who may previously have been talked about in slelection process and look to get somebody in

- Keep with Murty and prey for a turnaround