Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Whilst McInnes would have felt like getting a pair of grey socks from your nan at Xmas, if we end up with Eck I think I probably will hang myself.

We obviously don't have the ambition, money or ability to attract anyone decent. As for Murty, after all of the embarrassing defeats we've endured under him is he seriously an option?

This board, just like the last one, and the eerily similar one before that, are as incompetent as they are embarrassing.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

King wants mccinnes and has looked at no other options. The rest of the board have agreed to leave it to king so long as he covers the costs. Nobody else from the board wanted mccinnes and have tried putting alternatives forward but with zero success.

With mccinnes words in a few of the news stories today it seems he didn't believe he had full backing of the board . That's true he doesn't. Same as he doesn't have the majority of fans on board either.

A decision I think he will regret in the long run, but ultimately is best all round.

Now the board need to be smart for once. Release a statement confirming murty until the end of the season and quietly go about figuring out what we need to do to attract a better calibre of applicant.

I would urge the club not to give Murty another 6 games in charge and to move swiftly now to put a full time permanent manager in place without further delay. (Not Eck please!).

While we got ourselves up for the Dolly double dunter, I really worry that tomorrow will see a performance more like the Hamilton or Dundee games, as this group of overpaid underachievers now know a new manager is not imminent, and they owe the interim nothing as he will be back with the youths in a few weeks. Add to that the fact that having won 2 games in a row, we now look to get this seemingly impossible (for us) third win in a row which has eluded us for a year now.

With very difficult games with Hibs, St Johnstone, Motherwell and a trip to the piggery coming up in the next 3 weeks, it is complete mismanagement for us to still be under interim control after this length of time.

I have never feared a home match against Ross County (or similar) in my life, but I have a bad feeling about tomorrow given our history over the last 12 months in these type of fixtures, our abysmal home record this season, and all the off-field attention this week distracting us all from a hugely important match.

The one thing I am thankful for is that we have not apppointed DM. I watched him and his side closely over the last week, and he is not Rangers class as a manager, certainly not one I want to spend £1M on plus wages, backroom staff, budget etc. He looks bang average to me. I was pretty much undecided until the double header but those two dolly performances told me everything I needed to know. That Murty tactically outplayed him at Ibrox, and he couldnt get anything against 10 men for 35 minutes at home, tells me he is no messiah.

I am utterly astonished that our board said in their statement that not one of the applicants was considered good enough, but they thought DM was good enough to spend a huge amount of compensation on. Who applied for the job then, just the cast of jakeytims.com? I have major doubts over our board's (including our DOF) ability to know what we need in terms of a manager. While Warburton was exactly the type of manager we should be looking for, (just unfortunate he couldnt get a side to defend or have a plan B), the cronyism in appointing a mate's mate in Pedro with no CV worthy of discussion, followed by this crisis shows them in a very bad light.

The one thing I hope for from this is that it may force them into going after a bigger name than they wanted to just to try to get back some credibility.

You know, before we slate McInnes too much, it's worth just assessing why a Rangers supporter and ex-player, someone who wants to move back to the Central belt for family reasons, would turn us down to remain at Aberdeen on a lower wage and with far less prospect of success. Let that sink in.

This isn't about McInnes and any lack of ambition, it's about the continued state of our club and the ineptitude of some of the people running it. For some of us it's feelin g a lot like 1983 all over again.

100%.

My anger here is directed at our board and senior management structure, not Derek McInnes

With very difficult games with Hibs, St Johnstone, Motherwell and a trip to the piggery coming up in the next 3 weeks, it is complete mismanagement for us to still be under interim control after this length of time.

I have never feared a home match against Ross County (or similar) in my life, but I have a bad feeling about tomorrow given our history over the last 12 months in these type of fixtures, our abysmal home record this season, and all the off-field attention this week distracting us all from a hugely important match.

The pressure that switches to Graeme Murty now, is immense and signs have been that when things go wrong (and I'd bet sooner rather than later), he's not up to it.

We go to Easter Road next week and you can't help but think of Kenny McDowall.

The board have said Murty until at least the end of the year......but they had better be looking for the next man with some urgency.

The pressure that switches to Graeme Murty now, is immense and signs have been that when things go wrong (and I'd bet sooner rather than later), he's not up to it.

We go to Easter Road next week and you can't help but think of Kenny McDowall.

The board have said Murty until at least the end of the year......but they had better be looking for the next man with some urgency.

Maybe Aberdeen were second for a reason? They haven't been that great of late, but hardly have Hibs been any better. It looks like Murty had Aberdeen sussed out, or at least figured how he had to approach games against teams that also play football. Murty's next step is to undo the parked-bus tactics which essentially broke MW's and PC's neck. It would be a good start to change tactics and the 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 approach against Aberdeen may also help here, as we can load the attacking half with more players.

As for pressure ... Murty knows that he may very well stand down in January and go back to his usual role. On the other hand, he handled a Celtic game and a Aberdeen double-header, so how much more pressure can come his way? He essentially has got nothing to lose but everything to win.

Edited by der Berliner

You know, before we slate McInnes too much, it's worth just assessing why a Rangers supporter and ex-player, someone who wants to move back to the Central belt for family reasons, would turn us down to remain at Aberdeen on a lower wage and with far less prospect of success. Let that sink in.

This isn't about McInnes and any lack of ambition, it's about the continued state of our club and the ineptitude of some of the people running it. For some of us it's feelin g a lot like 1983 all over again.

Agree completely. This is far more important than continuing to dissect the character of the Aberdeen manager.

Maybe Aberdeen were second for a reason? They haven't been that great of late, but hardly have Hibs been any better. It looks like Murty had Aberdeen sussed out, or at least figured how he had to approach games against teams that also play football. Murty's next step is to undo the parked-bus tactics which essentially broke MW's and PC's neck. It would be a good start to change tactics and the 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 approach against Aberdeen may also help here, as we can load the attacking half with more players.

As for pressure ... Murty knows that he may very well stand down in January and go back to his usual role. On the other hand, he handled a Celtic game and a Aberdeen double-header, so how much more pressure can come his way? He essentially has got nothing to lose but everything to win.

I guess we'd be as well waiting and see what happens game by game.

Good luck to GM, he'll need some.

I guess we'd be as well waiting and see what happens game by game.

Good luck to GM, he'll need some.

That is without doubt one of the great problems with football fans and one of the big problems of a Rangers manager. No matter who you are, and usually no matter who you play, the expectation levels at this moment in time are still way beyond what is possible with this team. Should he not gain three points against "all the dross out there" he'll get FLAK like there is no tomorrow, while if he snatches a draw or even 3 points against the Scum, he'll be the next Sir Walter. It is pretty hard to keep it all at a reasonable level either way and it is sure something new for a guy like Murty (or anyone else, for that matter) and it remains very much to be seen how he can handle that.

Edited by der Berliner