Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I don't doubt there are a range of candidates - even our board can't be that incompetent. However, it seems McInnes was the lead one of them.

My point is, if that indeed is the case, then we should have made sure he was coming before we made an approach given all the factors I listed.

But that would still be tapping up.

I see that Ronald Koeman has entered the betting. I will say Bullshit. First of all we could not pay his wages, secondly I will be shocked if he is not named as the Dutch coach soon. I am not only speaking from my own thoughts but also the Dutch media.(I will never learn)

Why?

Well Louis van Gaal would be first choice but he is getting too old and has said he is not interested and I doubt he will change his mind.

Dick Advocaat: He said he wanted the job and they knocked him back and let him and Gullit go. I doubt the KNVB will embarrass themselves by doing a u-turn and asking him to take over I think he would now tell them to P-off, although Dick is money generated and may be bought.

Ronald de Boer: He has said he is not interested at this time in his career and wants to be a club manager.

Henk ten Cate: Before they asked Advocaat to take over lwhen they sacked Danny Blind they had already offered the job to ten Cate and then days later told him sorry you are dropped for Dick Advocaat. He was fuming so I doubt if he would talk to them.

Gullit: Not deemed fit for a 1st coach.

Ron Jans: Now technical director at Groningen. I would love him for the Rangers job as he is tactically astute and has always kept smaller clubs flying high winning cups along the way but I doubt the KNVB will be looking at him. He may be a lower placed choice though.

Unless they go for a younger manager that is about the list of candidates. The younger managers in Holland are pretty in-experienced and I doubt they are in the picture yet. The Dutch normally don't want a foreign manager and Blind as an inexperienced manager was a disaster although they may have look foreign or inexperienced if Koeman knocks back the job as he is the only realistic Dutch candidate. Koeman said he didn't want the job when he was at Everton but now that he is unemployed things will probably be different. I don't see any other option for them and he is their preferred candidate.

Edited by pete

I see that Ronald Koeman has entered the betting. I will say Bullshit. First of all we could not pay his wages, secondly I will be shocked if he is not named as the Dutch coach soon. I am not only speaking from my own thoughts but also the Dutch media.(I will never learn)

Why?

Well Louis van Gaal would be first choice but he is getting too old and has said he is not interested and I doubt he will change his mind.

Dick Advocaat: He said he wanted the job and they knocked him back and let him and Gullit go. I doubt the KNVB will embarrass themselves by doing a u-turn and asking him to take over I think he would now tell them to P-off, although Dick is money generated and may be bought.

Ronald de Boer: He has said he is not interested at this time in his career and wants to be a club manager.

Henk ten Cate: Before they asked Advocaat to take over lwhen they sacked Danny Blind they had already offered the job to ten Cate and then days later told him sorry you are dropped for Dick Advocaat. He was fuming so I doubt if he would talk to them.

Gullit: Not deemed fit for a 1st coach.

Ron Jans: Now technical director at Groningen. I would love him for the Rangers job as he is tactically astute and has always kept smaller clubs flying high winning cups along the way but I doubt the KNVB will be looking at him. He may be a lower placed choice though.

Unless they go for a younger manager that is about the list of candidates. The younger managers in Holland are pretty in-experienced and I doubt they are in the picture yet. The Dutch normally don't want a foreign manager and Blind as an inexperienced manager was a disaster although they may have look foreign or inexperienced if Koeman knocks back the job as he is the only realistic Dutch candidate. Koeman said he didn't want the job when he was at Everton but now that he is unemployed things will probably be different. I don't see any other option for them and he is their preferred candidate.

There is names on that list that are far more appealing and would fit the bill for Rangers. The Dutch job is a tricky one as they have the worst group of players in my lifetime so they have a rebuilding job to do unless they have already started that and have good youngsters coming through. But not qualifying for 2 tournaments is unheard of for the Dutch.

Your probably right about Koeman, we couldn't afford him and is favourite for Holland but what a coup he would be if we could land a name like that. Van Gaal also.

I wouldn't say no to Advacaat coming back for 6 months either. We need a strong character.

There is names on that list that are far more appealing and would fit the bill for Rangers. The Dutch job is a tricky one as they have the worst group of players in my lifetime so they have a rebuilding job to do unless they have already started that and have good youngsters coming through. But not qualifying for 2 tournaments is unheard of for the Dutch.

Your probably right about Koeman, we couldn't afford him and is favourite for Holland but what a coup he would be if we could land a name like that. Van Gaal also.

I wouldn't say no to Advacaat coming back for 6 months either. We need a strong character.

Hen ten Cate would probably jump at the Rangers job and I wouldn't mind that as he has a lot of experience with big clubs.