Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Malky Mackay would be about the best fit left based on criteria set by King and the board. He would probably do a better job than McInnes. Other than he played for Celtic and is a mysogynist and racist he fits the bill.

The Board have really fecked up yet again. I said it as far back as Progress that Robertson is a nobody and isn’t on the ball. Sorry a vastly overpaid nobody.

My suspicion is McInnes would not have liked working with a DoF and combined with losing his number 2 it probably didn’t add up for him. Milne probably told him he was the number 1 at Pittodrie and that suits his personality and management style. If the reasons he rejected us are of that nature (and its perfectly plausible) then we should have known this and never made him a target. We don’t know what we’re doing. Again.

As far as I'm concerned McInnes is a bullet dodged. There is nothing in his CV to suggest he would be capable of taking us back to the top of Scottish football. We're it not for his Rangers background I'd doubt if he'd even have been considered.

Let's move on....

I wasn't that enthused about DM's selection but from the list of known candidates he was the best. Looks like we will have to drift on, hopefully McMurty and Miller can keep getting results

There is no "list of known candidates", that the public are aware of....only lists drawn up by bookies, media & pundits.

The board has played a blinder - It was all a ploy to get 6 points off them and move second in the league. Now the real search can begin.

But seriously no idea where we look now, Id hope for a M Laudrup or F De Boer next season, in the meantime let Murty continue. But Big Eck until the end of the season wouldn't be the worst appointment for a reaction because the board do need to let this fizzle out before appointing choice no.2 or no.3. Obviously Eck long term doesn't suit but coming in to settle things for 5 months wouldn't be too bad.

Der Berliner - you really are shouting for Potter in Sweden, that's a no go and would be like taking the Gretna manager 10 years ago.

Not getting McInnee - agreed with comments we have dodged a bullet, a good run of the mill SPL manager but not good enough for Rangers.