Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

What I have not read in all the comments is that the "family" situation might have been a deciding factor in his decision.

If they are happy staying where they are why push them into the goldfish bowl that is the West of Scotland?.

It is a missed opportunity for him ,so let's move on but to whom I don't have a clue.

We better have back up plans.

of course we fucking haven't. somebody's rumaging around in the recyclung trying to find the CVs we binned after finally deciding to go for McInnes.

Titted around for so long we've managed to miss out on a bloke who's dreamt of managing us. Made an absolute cock and balls of it.

Let's look at that process.

1. It's been six weeks.

2. We know McInnes is going to cost circa £1m.

3. We know Aberdeen won't want to deal with us.

4, McInnes has hardly been glowing in his comments (see post match Sunday).

5. We know our fans aren't overly excited about the appointment.

Yet, we're to believe the board only contacted Aberdeen to speak with their manager as part of a range of candidate interviews.

Sorry, don't buy that whatsoever.

And you don't have to buy it Frankie.

However, it is every bit as plausible that McInnes was one of a number of candidates we are interested in. As I said, we would be negligent if we only looked at McInnes. Indeed, when it was Pedro, people were aghast at the process not being thorough enough - now we want to accept and believe that we only had one candidate in mind. Now THAT is something I am not buying.

Doesn't bode well for us that McInnes prefers to stay somewhere that he has already reached his glass ceiling and after four years, seemed the perfect time to move on.I reckon he'll go backwards to 3rd, maybe even 4th and have a support who won't have much patience for him.

I would argue that is more to do with McInnes' lack of ambition than anything to do with us. You cant MAKE someone join you. He has hit his glass ceiling, that much is true. But it also looks like he lacks the bottle to test himself in rougher waters. If that is the case then no thanks from me. We need strength, not weakness.

What I have not read in all the comments is that the "family" situation might have been a deciding factor in his decision.

If they are happy staying where they are why push them into the goldfish bowl that is the West of Scotland?.

It is a missed opportunity for him ,so let's move on but to whom I don't have a clue.

Is his family not still in West of Scotland ? I could have sworn I read that somewhere recently.

Is his family not still in West of Scotland ? I could have sworn I read that somewhere recently.

cabinet ministers whose incompetence or sexual deviance had become embarrassing to their government used to resgn to spend more time with their families. That had nothing to do with their familes realky and neither does this

I would argue that is more to do with McInnes' lack of ambition than anything to do with us. You cant MAKE someone join you. He has hit his glass ceiling, that much is true. But it also looks like he lacks the bottle to test himself in rougher waters. If that is the case then no thanks from me. We need strength, not weakness.

For a number of reasons, we aren't currently an attractive proposition to decent managers in a job.

I thought that realistically, McInnes was pretty much as good as we could get within apparent criteria being set.