Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Because he's the first player ever to have a bad patch of form isn't he. So he can't possibly be any good at all.

Based on what I saw on Sunday then, yes, he was dross. I can only base my judgement on what I see. He was terrible.

It is mildly amusing that some are taking that statement to mean that I am saying he is a terrible footballer - perhaps those having a go should read what I ACTUALLY said.... "McLean, the biggest rumour, was absolute dross on Sunday" - care to tell me where that suggests he is simply dross consistently ?? It doesn't, does it ???

Another riddy for this board.

Six weeks on and we're no closer to a new manager. Utterly bizarre.

I don't see it that way Frankie. This isnt about the board or Dave King this is about Derek McInnes. If he doesn't want the job then he doesn't want it. As far as I'm concerned it shows exactly the the level of ambition that he has. You don't knock back Rangers or the mhanks if you're ambitious. Its as simple as that!

Another riddy for this board.

Six weeks on and we're no closer to a new manager. Utterly bizarre.

It is a bit reminiscent of some of our transfer deals, but in this case probably to do with the double header against the Sheep.

That said, you have to take what is on the table and the Board can't make people sign because we want them or they are available. Not if those available are not of a quality we look for in terms of progression as a team.

In 1986, the owners made the radical step and appointed a player-manager in Souness. Young, vastly experienced ... but what a gamble?! He was off soon after and a no-one stepped out of Souness' shadow and we virtually couldn't believe what unfolded. Who knows what may unfold with Murty? Or some other "younger" chap like e.g. Neil McCann or Kevin Thompson?

he's on a cushy number up there with not a lot of pressure to win things, no ambition or bottle it looks like to me, good news :)

That's my thinking. His decision to reject the opportunity to come to us suggests that he doesn't have the ambition to "step up". Taking his cushy number in Aberdeen (fair enough) rather than moving to a bigger club where he knows the pressures will be far greater.

Regardless of whether you wanted him or not as Rangers manager, this should be his final chance to become so. Reject us once, shame on you. Reject us twice, shame on us.

If he can't handle the pressure of moving to Scotland's biggest club then he certainly wouldn't have been able to handle the pressure of managing it through some choppy waters.

I thought the word was that Murty didn't want it and is happy with his role working with the youths?

That may have changed with recent results though.

Was Murty not recently quoted as saying something like "I wouldn't be able to turn this job down" ??

I don't see it that way Frankie. This isnt about the board or Dave King this is about Derek McInnes. If he doesn't want the job then he doesn't want it. As far as I'm concerned it shows exactly the the level of ambition that he has. You don't knock back Rangers or the mhanks if you're ambitious. Its as simple as that!

IMO, you don't offer the job to someone unless you know they want it. McInnes may be a bottler but we should have found that out before waiting six weeks to make a public fool of ourselves.

Only excuse here for the board is if he reneged on a private agreement to join us.

I still say it would have been foolish of the board to only interview one candidate.

I would have expected 2 or 3 to be taken to interview stage, and going by Kings words these would most likely be in a job.

We are only hearing about DM coz that is all the Scottish Media have been focusing on.

I think I've got a case of Cognitive Dissonance: I'm a wee bit gutted that we've not appointed DM, as it looked like he was an option -- although, actually there is nothing to say he was our only option, as someone (Darthter, maybe?) posted a few days ago --, but also relieved as I don't think he's any good!

giphy.gif

Edited by Rousseau