Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Barnet FC confirm they have given Aberdeen permission to speak to Mark McGhee regarding their management role.

Update on the McGhee to Aberdeen deal. Barnet holding out for compensation believed to be in the region of £20k, clubs still in talks.

https://twitter.com/ArchieSkySports/status/938404737317294080

That's a joke, right? Has to be. McGhee is shit.

From FF ...

ITK Aberdeen chap ...

Others ...

I would hope that JJ stays on ... as well as Barry Ferguson ain't the ex-Ger involved.

Can't help but think of this when I read that the young player text his maw.

Edited by Gazza_8

Seeing reports that McInnes and assistant didn't take training today. Suggestions McInnes may resign if Milne tries to push this too far.

Milne has to think of sorting out his own dug-out for Friday.

I don't think McInnes can manage another sheep game with any degree of authority.

Barnet FC confirm they have given Aberdeen permission to speak to Mark McGhee regarding their management role.

Update on the McGhee to Aberdeen deal. Barnet holding out for compensation believed to be in the region of £20k, clubs still in talks.

https://twitter.com/ArchieSkySports/status/938404737317294080

Tis a parody account.

Albeit a quite funny one at times!

I'm underwhelmed by his appointment but he would get my full support.

If we have an ex Ger coming in I would hope it is Kevin Thomson, but I doubt it would be as I think KT said at the weekend that McInnes wouldn't be his choice (I know for sure McInnes wouldn't be his choice).

giphy.gif

Kris [fast becoming a complete fud] Boyd has his say --

" Rangers will have to back Derek McInnes in the transfer market if he takes over at Ibrox, says Kris Boyd.

The former Rangers striker reckons the first team squad needs strengthened if they are to establish themselves as the second best team in the Premiership and close the gap on Celtic.

However he does NOT think an overhaul is required. "

Er, remind me Kris, which club is sitting second in the league having handed out two scuddings in a row to "Scotlands second club" ? :whistling:

" Rangers will have to back Derek McInnes in the transfer market if he takes over at Ibrox, says Kris Boyd.

The former Rangers striker reckons the first team squad needs strengthened if they are to establish themselves as the second best team in the Premiership and close the gap on Celtic.

Er, remind me Kris, which club is sitting second in the league having handed out two scuddings in a row to "Scotlands second club" ? :whistling:

The sheep could struggle to get third place, I think Hibs will be more of a challenge.

Hes right.

DEREK McINNES spent last night locked in talks with Aberdeen chief Stewart Milne — with his exit to Rangers expected to be sealed today.

McInnes and assistant Tony Docherty met with Pittodrie chairman Milne while their first-team squad trained without them.

Gers backed off from negotiations as they waited to be given the go-ahead to speak with the Dons boss.But Ibrox chiefs hope Milne will now grant permission — paving the way for the ex-Gers star to make a return as boss.

SunSport understands talks between McInnes and Milne were amicable.The pair have a close relationship and the Dons chairman is trying to convince McInnes, 46, his future is at Pittodrie.

One way out could see McInnes offer his resignation.But it’s more likely Aberdeen will strike a deal with Gers in return for around £1million in compensation.

It’s been a lengthy saga since Pedro Caixinha was axed six weeks ago.SunSport first revealed McInnes was the man Rangers were planning to go for.

But they waited until after a double-header of league games between the clubs before making their move.The uncertainty surrounding the situation became increasingly frustrating for McInnes.

That led to Milne quizzing his manager on his intentions before telling the club’s TV channel that McInnes was going nowhere.But Rangers weren’t put off by that and finally made their approach on Tuesday.

The Dons immediately tried to block their swoop.But McInnes entered into talks with Milne and made it clear he was interested in the job.

The pair met in a bid to thrash out a deal, but no agreement was reached.Coaches Paul Sheerin and Barry Robson took Dons training.

The pair have a close relationship and the Dons chairman is trying to convince McInnes, 46, his future is at Pittodrie.

The gist of this article is probably correct in that McInnes has been in a meeting with Milne but that bit about convincing him his future is at the sheep pen has to be made up. How in the world could he convince him into a future of a smaller salary and fighting for third place at best with a wage budget a fraction of that at Rangers and a transfer budget a minuscule fraction leaving him dealing almost entirely in league 1 freebies.

Convince him his future is at a club so limited we pick off their players at will as was proven when we took their captain and may even be in the process of picking off others. Or alternatively have a future at a club that will pay him more give him a transfer budget in the multi millions and have realistic prospects of challenging for titles and trophies. The league cup he delivered them in the 2013-14 season was their first silverware in 18 years.

In addition to all that he gets nothing but abuse from their bleating support despite the fact that when he joined them they had just finished 8th in a league that didn't even have Rangers in it and he then produced a series of second place finishes plus that first trophy in 18 years. How could they possibly convince him his future is at such a place when he has already taken them as far as they will ever go and will more than likely not even see that good a spell again while he has this what may be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

There is no comparison and it's beginning to look as if we will have to get used to the idea that he is going to be the new manager one way or another. They will either make a deal to let him go or he will resign and go. So now the sheep will have someone else to bleat/boo at aside from Jack. They come across as the most foul/bitter crowd in the entire poison chalice that is Scottish football.